Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Badsupport
Initiate
Initiate

Very frustrated with Arlo.  Bought the Arlo Pro 2 home security system.

Technical support is terrible.

After one month and 10+ calls to support Geofencing still not working.

Each call I get the standard response - this is a known problem and our technicans are working on it and it will be fixed in the next 24 - 48 hours with an update for the iPhone App.

Asked to have the call escalated and that cannot be done.

Asked speak to manager and get placed on hold for so long i finally give up.

Who else is having this problem and what can we do to get Arlo's attention?

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

As this is your first message here – welcome to the funny farm – you may not have seen the long running attempts to get this fixed.

There are people here who have put in even more effort than you have to get geofencing sorted out. Rest asured that no one is letting Netgear sit on its hands on this one. Just hang in there and watch what is happening.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
In the mean time, there is a fix. Download and install two iPhone apps, ifttt and life360. Life360 has accurate family geofencing, ifttt can arm and disarm your arlo using that. This assumes you have a family with more than one iPhone. If it is you alone, ifttt is all you need. If you need more details let me know.
Badsupport
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the reply RChobby

Hopefully Netgear is monitoring these posts.

Perhaps they can hire the coders from these two Apps to get the next version of the Arlo App to solve this matter.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation