Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable
We have a couple Arlo Pro 2 cameras and have a couple questions. We have Geofencing setup and have both my and my wife’s phone setup as ‘enabled’ devices. However, when we were home the other day I left to get some takeout. I had left the home zone area but my wife was still inside the zone, theoretically it should have stayed in the Home mode right? It went in the Away mode though and started blasting notifications and we had to set to disabled until I got home and it fixed where I was. Am I configuring something wrong or is this expected behavior?

Second question is about the Smart addon. I’d like to enable a motion zone to ignore a certain area which is something the addon can handle. However, is that zone active at all times or can you set it to only be active during certain hours? Is it tied to a Mode?

Thanks for any help!
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) It would seem that your wife's phone was sleeping and not updating her location. Check battery optimizatiopn settings on her phone and keep Arlo awake.

2) The Smart zones are used in any rule for that camera. Unlike the normal zones for AC-powered cameras, you can't select whether to use the zone.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation