Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Tim6584
Initiate
Initiate

Camera has been going through a firmware upgrade (flashing orange/blue) for a couple of months.  Have disconnected from base station, pugged it in, removed the battery and reinstalled.  Charging at a remote location away from base station, nothing is working!  How can I get this upgraded so I can get my security camera back in service.  These things are cheap!!!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Why didn't you ask here or contact support earlier rather than beating your head on a brick wall? Is the camera still in warranty? Have you contacted support?

Tim6584
Initiate
Initiate

Camera is several years old so probably not under warranty.  I tried going to the "chat" area to get to a live person, but you need a service account to get access, so I guess my options are limited to this forum.  Arlo support is frustrating, no phone number to call in and find a live body

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A temporary subscription will get you access to support but we can try here, too. However, having the camera blinking blue and amber as if updating firmware even after reinserting the battery and having the camera removed from your account leads me to believe it's a bricked camera that would need to be replaced. As a last gasp, that temporary sub would be my choice and then unsubscribe afterwards.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation