Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Charging Fault

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DianaRDU
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have empathy with all you folks.  What the He** is the KB article.  Does everyone know what KB

stands for???   I also had one of those solar panels, 3 to be exact, none of them worked.  So I went back to charging my batteries in the charging station.  But I keep getting this charging fault and it is a pain.  Yes I am using a cord that is for the Arlo not a generic one although to tell the truch what difference would it make.  You just get a different error message "incompatible charger detected".  Neither are charging the Arlo which is why I bought it.  No there is no rain.  One I just installed yesterday and right off I get this annoying message "charging fault detected - see KB article if it persists".  I have cameras in two totally different states and get it on the corded ones in both places.  

Another one I get is that my flash player needs updating and I click HERE where it tells me to and all it does is take me back to the login screen and this time I see the camera view.  

I don't know about most of you but I'd pay $400 a camera if I could get at least 6 months out of the batteries.  The ones I have inside I have to take down every 2-3 months because I get the alert that my battery is tired.  I also have some that operate on the small round batteries and one outside camera ate up the batteries in 2 weeks so I switched to a rechargeable camera for that station and now I get those blasted charging faults.

4 REPLIES 4
Philippabell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Louis_ArloPM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi,

You mentioned that you purchased 3 solar panels, none of which worked. If this is the situation, there may be a fault at the Camera level. I recommend you reaching out to support and getting an RMA started.

DianaRDU
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nothing I did helped with the charging fault.  Even deleted all the cameras, reset the base and still got charging fault when using the USB cable.  So now I spent more money and bought the one that actually plugs into power and the other end into the camera.  So it charged the battery but to have to keep buying stuff to make this camera work when one does not want to have to keep taking down the camera to change batteries is not what I was looking for.  Anyway it works so for now I am ok.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have a warranty with all Arlo equipment. Utilize it by opening a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation