Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Cameras Failing on VMB5000r4

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DanielJo20
Star
Star

Hey, 

I have 2 base station (VMB4000r3 & VMB5000r4) with 4 Arlo Pro2 Cameras and 1 Ultra Camera

Since a few days ago i lost the ability to use the Pro2 cameras on the VMB5000 base.

i rebooted all devices, the 5000 recognizes the camera, but after a few minutes the cameras go offline, the Ultra is ok though.

Double checked the cameras on the 4000 base and they work so its not a camera problem.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Bring one Pro 2 camera closer to the hub to see if the same thing happens. It could be a signal strength/quality issue.

DanielJo20
Star
Star

The cameras are placed at the same location for the past 2.5 year.

Suddenly they both disappeared from the 5000 base station. I did try re-syncing them while next to the base but the problem repeats they connect and then go offline 

I see additional posts of other users with the exact same issue, so i believe its not something with my cameras + as i said they do sync and work with the 4000 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Next step would be to swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or location. Just being in the same place for a long time doesn't mean something didn't change, whether firmware or environmental.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DanielJo20 wrote:

I see additional posts of other users with the exact same issue, so i believe its not something with my cameras + as i said they do sync and work with the 4000 

There was a bug here a couple days ago (though I don't think it was with the VMB5000 base).  In any event, Arlo fixed it.

DanielJo20
Star
Star

I'm still having issues, did you here if there was any update?

i was hoping that with the new app the problem would have been solved but it has not 😕

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation