Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Camera repair

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Sanjay_Dhurka
Aspirant
Aspirant
Bought the pack of 6 cameras, Base station and accessories. In this two cameras are not working, any chance repairing the camera. I am from India, Tamil Nadu.
23 REPLIES 23
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Repair isn't possible but warranty replacements are. Can you return them to the store for replacements? Otherwise, @JamesC or @ShayneS may be able to provide some guidance.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sanjay_Dhurka,

When you say the cameras aren't working, what behavior are you experiencing? Are you seeing any error messages?

JamesC

Sanjay_Dhurka
Aspirant
Aspirant
HI, Camera is working only it’s connected to the charging unit. Tried with new batteries, same result, not charging.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If it's just a charging issue, you could use the other cameras to charge the batteries or buy the external charging station. Do the cameras work with charged batteries or not?

Also, you haven't answered whether you can exchange them at the store where you bought them.

Sanjay_Dhurka
Aspirant
Aspirant

THE CAMERA DOES NOT WORK WHEN IT IS REMOVED FROM CHARGE

THE BATTERY IS NEW 

HAVE ANOTHER CAMERA WHICH IS NOT CHARGING WITH NEW BATTERY ALSO 

2 PROBLEMS WITH 2 DIFFERENT CAMERAS 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Also, you haven't answered whether you can exchange them at the store where you bought them.

Any answer to this?

Sanjay_Dhurka
Aspirant
Aspirant

THESE WERE PURCHASED IN USA 3 YEARS BACK AND WE ARE IN INDIA 

Sanjay_Dhurka
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have not received any reply why

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sanjay_Dhurka wrote:

Have not received any reply why

One aspect is that it was a holiday weekend in the US.

Are the new batteries made by Arlo?  Or are they third party?  Have you tried swapping a fully charged battery from a camera that works with the cameras that aren't working?  

Sanjay_Dhurka
Aspirant
Aspirant

have replied twice 

batteries are new from Arlo

not third party

yes tried swapping and same result

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I understand the frustration when the response isn't quick. 

All the folks who have replied so far are in the US, which as you likely know celebrated Labor Day last weekend.  Note that this is a predominantly a user-to-user forum.  Neither @jguerdat nor I work for Arlo, we participate here as our time permits.  @JamesC does work for Arlo.

@Sanjay_Dhurka wrote:

yes tried swapping and same result

So that unfortunately does sound like failed cameras. Since they appear to work on AC power, you could try to arrange to get power to them.

I am wondering - are these all Pro 2 cameras (purchased at the same time).  Or do you have a mix of Pro and Pro 2 cameras?  I believe the Pros require quickcharge adapters to charge the battery,  but the Pro 2s do not.

Sanjay_Dhurka
Aspirant
Aspirant

So that unfortunately does sound like failed cameras. Since they appear to work on AC power, you could try to arrange to get power to them. - WHAT TYPE OF SOLUTION IS THIS - THESE ARE WIRELESS CAMERAS AND YOU ARE SUGGESTING ME TO ARRANGE POWER TO THEM 

I am wondering - are these all Pro 2 cameras (purchased at the same time).  YES

Or do you have a mix of Pro and Pro 2 cameras? NO

I believe the Pros require quick charge adapters to charge the battery,  but the Pro 2s do not. NO IDEA

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sanjay_Dhurka wrote:

WHAT TYPE OF SOLUTION IS THIS - THESE ARE WIRELESS CAMERAS AND YOU ARE SUGGESTING ME TO ARRANGE POWER TO THEM 

First, the way I am understanding the failures:

1. The cameras no longer charge the batteries
  2. The cameras no longer run when a charged battery is inserted either.

Arlo doesn't repair these cameras, and current models (Pro 3, Pro 4, Ultra, Ultra 2, Essential) all require subscriptions for cloud storage - and those subscriptions unfortunately aren't available in India.  So you can either

• replace them with used or refurbished Pro 2 models.
  • work around the problem.

If the cameras will run when a charged battery is inserted, then you could purchase an external charger, or you could charge the batteries in a fully working camera, and then move them into one of the failed ones.

But if I understand your problem correctly, that work around isn't available to you.  The only work around left is to provide external power to the failed cameras.

As I said before, I don't work for Arlo.  I can only give you my assessment of your options.  I understand that they aren't options you like, but that isn't something I can do anything about.

Sanjay_Dhurka
Aspirant
Aspirant

First, the way I am understanding the failures:

1. The cameras no longer charge the batteries - ONE CHARGES WHEN CONNECTED TO POWER AND IT WORKS BUT WHEN REMOVED FROM POWER IT DOES NOT 
  2. SECOND CAMERA DOESN NOT CHARGE AT ALL 
  3. The cameras no longer run when a charged battery is inserted either. YES

HOW CAN WE ADDRESS THE ISSUE TO ARLO COMPANY - AS THE CAMERAS ARE NOT CHEAP AND WE CANNOT LEAVE IT JUST LIKE NO SOLUTION 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sanjay_Dhurka wrote:

HOW CAN WE ADDRESS THE ISSUE TO ARLO COMPANY - AS THE CAMERAS ARE NOT CHEAP AND WE CANNOT LEAVE IT JUST LIKE NO SOLUTION 

Paid support requires a subscription, which you can't get because you moved to India.  A replacement camera from Arlo would almost certainly require a subscription, which again you can't get.

@JamesC does work for Arlo, and perhaps he could offer some options.  But I think your move to India limits the possibilities, combined with the fact that these are older cameras.

Sanjay_Dhurka
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a base in USA also .. in that case what has to be done pl advise 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sanjay_Dhurka wrote:

I have a base in USA also .. in that case what has to be done pl advise 

If the account (and I think the method of payment) are from the US, then a subscription with Arlo would be one avenue to reach support.  That could be canceled after the support was obtained (note they don't offer a pro-rated refund when you cancel).

Your cameras are out of warranty, so they would not replace them.  Based on other posts here, they often offer a 30% discount on a new camera (which would need a subscription).

Sanjay_Dhurka
Aspirant
Aspirant

HOW DO WE GET THE SUBSCRIPTION

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sanjay_Dhurka wrote:

HOW DO WE GET THE SUBSCRIPTION

You'd browse to my.arlo.com and log into your account.  Select settings, and then subscription will be on the left pane.  Select that also, and if Arlo thinks the account was created in the US you will see an option to purchase Arlo Secure.  You could either get the multicamera license, or just get a license for one of your existing cameras.  As I also said, they might also check that the credit card is also US.

Sanjay_Dhurka
Aspirant
Aspirant

LOOKING FORWARD

Sanjay_Dhurka
Aspirant
Aspirant

REMINDER 1

Sanjay_Dhurka
Aspirant
Aspirant

REMINDER 2

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you read and proceed as suggested in post 20 of this thread?

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation