Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Kiwayu
Aspirant
Aspirant
What would make one of my camera’s suddenly go offline outside when everything is plugged in an outlet?
8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Potentially cold temperatures but the display for the camera in the Devices tab should say that. Is there a battery installed, too, or just plugged in? Have you tried removing power and plugging it back in to see what happens?

Kiwayu
Aspirant
Aspirant
It just says offline. Nothing has changed except I added a WiFi extended oddly enough!
cmitch008
Aspirant
Aspirant
All of my cameras have done this twice today. After the 1st time I re sunk all the cameras
JP1970-904
Aspirant
Aspirant
That just happened to me. The cord went bad in mine and it was only a few months old. I had changed the outlet out that didnt work then i changed the cord and that fixed it.
JP1970-904
Aspirant
Aspirant
Change the cords. Mine was doing that also.
cmitch008
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine are not wired at this time. 4 cameras have come back online by themselves 2 have not. I just bought this system yesterday. Not getting the warm fuzzies about it after this.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @cmitch008

What firmware is the base station & cameras running? To check this you can go to Settings > My Devices > Select the desired device > Device Info > Firmware is displayed

You can open & close the battery door to manually reboot the cameras (Original Arlo Wire Free) Pro, Pro 2 remove the battery/reinsert

When setting up a new system the firmware gets pushed from the cloud. If it does not download immediately, the firmware gets pushed between 3-5 AM Pacific Time.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@ShayneS wrote:

You can open & close the battery door to manually reboot the cameras.

For the Pro and Ultra cameras, as well as the lights, you must remove the battery to reset the camera. Only the original wireless cameras will reset by opening and closing the battery door since the door has contacts on it.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation