Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Frenchyk
Guide
Guide

Hello, I've been battling this issue for the past week but I've hit a wall. My Arlo Pro 2 camera is no longer detecting motion at all anymore. I have it placed outside sitting over my garage sitting next to my Arlo Security Light and it no longer picks up motion. My Arlo Pro camera works like a champ and has never encountered this issue. I've tried rebooting my Arlo app, removing the battery, removing my Arlo Pro 2 camera from my devices in the app and resyncing the camera, turned my sensitivity up to 100%, and nothing is seeming to work right now. The camera still works when I go to the live feed but it's not picking up any type of movement at all. The camera hasn't been dropped and I only handle it with gloves. Do you have any suggestions or is my Arlo Pro 2 camera defective?

7 REPLIES 7
Frenchyk
Guide
Guide
After further research on this forum I've also tried the following steps below in order and it's still not detecting motion.

Step 1
Pull the battery from the camera first
Remove the camera from the account in the app
Resync the camera (I waited at least 2 minutes before putting the battery back in)
- Same non motion detection issue for me

Step 2
Remove camera from account in the app.
Pull the battery from the camera
Resync the camera

Step 3
Reinsert the battery
Remove camera from account in the app.
Resync the camera
Frenchyk
Guide
Guide
Update: When I performed just a battery swap by itself last night the motion detection came back on but when I came home from work in the evening the motion detection wasn't working again. I'll try another battery pull by itself and see if I have better luck.
Frenchyk
Guide
Guide
*New Development * Now the Arlo Pro 2 camera is triggering motion detection with no motion going on. I literally have the camera facing a wall and it's triggering alerts of the wall. All I did was remove and reinstall the battery. I'm befuddled.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If it's detecting motion when facing a wall (and there's no refections that could be interpreted as movement), it sounds like a bad camera. If new enough, swap at the store or open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

cyrus104
Guide
Guide
One of mine started to do this after the latest firmware update, hoping for a fix soon.
Frenchyk
Guide
Guide
I was about two months or so out of manufacture warranty so I'm pretty much stuck with a. perfectly looking Arlo Pro 2 camera that's a paper weight. 🤦🏾‍♂️ The question is do I roll the dice and hold out for the re-release of the Arlo Ultra or just go with another company?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you're out of warranty, the best thing to try is a total reset. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Remove and reinsert all batteries to reset the cameras. Hold the base reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot and then claim it. Sync the cameras. Update firmware as you go if prompted. Maybe something is goofy and this will clear it up.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation