Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Noz85
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my Arlo Pro 2 cameras has been recording video for 10 - 12 seconds when there isn't any motion. This happens intermittently. Some days it is bad, some days it is fine and it doesn't happen.

I have read that some times cameras can have a motion event trigger them when something as simple as a change in sunlight intensity occurs. So I am aware that there may well be a logical explaination for this problem and I am not jumping to the conclusion that the camera is faulty. 

However, that being said, my warranty expires in 34 days and I would just like to get this out there as an issue now so I can get the camera replaced if it turns out to be a fault. Does that seem reasonable? Surely a product that presents a fault during the warranty period can be replaced outside of that period if the issue was raised whilst the product had a warranty?

Thanks

John

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master
I am not an expert on warranty but if you feel the camera is faulty then you should contact support and obtain a case number. They should also be able to answer what your asking.

No doubt support will want you to prove that it is a faulty camera so doing some homework would be prudent before hand.

Something I would ask as a starter is if have you tried swapping it with another of your cameras and does the issue follow with that camera?
Noz85
Aspirant
Aspirant

How would I go about contacting support? The only way I found to contact anybody was via the community.

Oops! Managed to find a contact number.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't Google for it! Make sure you use the ones here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Noz85 wrote:

One of my Arlo Pro 2 cameras has been recording video for 10 - 12 seconds when there isn't any motion.

Given the lenght of time the camera is recording... I would guess you are using "record till motion stops".

This setting at times has caused issues with short recording ( do a search for more info ).

Recommend you use a fixed time and for other reasons remember that camera location is as important as sense level in good recording to eliminating false triggers

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation