Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Camera Does Not sync To Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Raffe123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all,

I got a problem. One of my arlo pro 2 cameras does not sync to the base station. All other 3 cameras no problem. I have reset the the base station.

The camera has been sync:t to the base station before but lost sync. When I tried to sync the base station to the cameras start to flicker blue/amber for awhile and then stop. I have tried it several times with no luck. I have pulled out the batteri and put it back with no luck.

How can I reset my camera so factory setting?

Raffe

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Reset of the camera is by pulling then replacing battery....

Read this ;

https://kb.arlo.com/1251298/My-Arlo-Pro-Wire-Free-camera-won-t-sync-with-the-base-station-what-do-I-...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Raffe123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I have tried all of that. 

I found another thread

"Arlo WIFI Camera flashing Blue/Amber." 

This is exactley what happends!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Raffe123,

Have you tried using a different battery with the camera that is having the sync issue? Also, you can try and plug the power cable in and attempt to sync to the base station.

JHJ44
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue with one of my cameras after it was no longer sync’d. I have tried to resync while the camera is connected to a power source as well as a fully charged battery with no luck. The camera will blink amber and blue for a few minutes, stop for a few minutes and then blink again. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you

Puhuvamajava
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was struggling with the exact same issue, nearly losing my mind. But I managed to solve the issue! Unfortunately, this resolution won't be of much use to most of the people in the same situation.

I tried everything else except resetting the whole device to factory settings. That would be the last option - I don't want to lose my camera settings etc.

Originally, I had Arlo Base station + 2 x Arlo Pro 2 cameras that I synced when I got the system. Now I wanted to add an extra camera, also the Pro 2 model. It didn't sync when pressing the buttons, didn't sync either while trying the workflow suggested in the app. Tried all the tricks with replacing the battery.

Solution: I have Netgear Nighthawk M1 LTE router. In the Nighthawk settings (accessed with web browser), you can sync Arlo Cameras directly with the mobile router. That would make the Arlo Base Station unnecessary. So, following the steps in the basestation settings page, the camera and mobile router synced instantly. The camera appeared in my Arlo app, seen as linked with the router. That actually is a bit tricky. I have to put alarm on separately for both systems.

I started thinking, now that the game was on and the camera proved to be functioning, could I sync it with the base station, which was the initial plan. Yes! Camera and BT synced instantly. Just a minute ago it didn't show any signs of cooperation and I considered returning the whole device.

So, if the camera seems to be dead, try avakening it with a mobile router. Don't use the base station in-between. I understand not everyone uses Netgear mobile routers.

- Turkka 

Montero88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with my system of 3 Arlo Pro 2 cameras, I could only synchronize 2, try with power cable, change the battery of the other 2 cameras and nothing, I followed all the steps and recommendations on the page and nothing. Someone who can help with this?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap at th estore or open a case with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation