Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
brenno
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions regarding CVR with the Arlo Pro 2 (plugged in on AC power, of course).

1)

I understand that motion detection alerts will still be active when the CVR is on. I also understand that you cannot directly download from the CVR timeline. But will I be able to still download the motion-activated clips when the CVR is on?

2) Netgears tells me that the CVR plan costs $9.99/camera per month, and $99.99/camera per year. But I can't seem to find how to subscribe to CVR for a month only (as opposed to an entire year). I am not given the option neither on the IOS app nor on the web app. Any clues?

3) And finally, with CVR on, will  motion-detection activated clips still be stored locally if I have a USB storage device connected to my Arlo Base?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Yes, motion recordings still work with CVR enabled. In fact they are noted on the CVR timeline with bars to show when a recording was made to help you locate a specific event for further examination.

2) There is no 1 month subscription. You would need to sign up, perhaps for the monthly charge rather than for a year, and remember to cancel when no longer desired.

3) As with 1), yes, any motion recordings are stored on the cloud as well as on the USB drive.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Yes, motion recordings still work with CVR enabled. In fact they are noted on the CVR timeline with bars to show when a recording was made to help you locate a specific event for further examination.

2) There is no 1 month subscription. You would need to sign up, perhaps for the monthly charge rather than for a year, and remember to cancel when no longer desired.

3) As with 1), yes, any motion recordings are stored on the cloud as well as on the USB drive.

Johnny45
Apprentice
Apprentice

Please let us know if your timeline is in sync if you chose to try the CVR feature.  I've found it to be mostly useless as the timeline of green highlighted activity doesn't match the video.  The degree of the time changes day by day which makes it almost entirely impossible to view the CVR video of note through the timeline function.  Nest does this very well, not sure why Netgear struggles with this.

I don't have time in my life to waste with first level support telling me to reset this, power cycle, that, blah blah blah.  Just fix the systemic issue.  

brenno
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for letting me know about this issue. Is this inability to sync motion recordings with the continuous timeline a generalized issue, as far as you know? I am still considering enrolling, though I find it very hard to wrap my head around the fact that Netgear advertises a monthly rate that is different from a (supposedly discounted) yearly rate, yet offers no monthly enrollment options...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Johnny45,

A firmware update was recently released for Arlo Pro 2. Are you still experiencing this issue?

JamesC

Johnny45
Apprentice
Apprentice
I am and it actually seems even worse now. My time line function doesn't seem to work at all. The video has many breaks and wants to jump to live video. I appreciate the follow up but the issue is worse now.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

App or browser? What device and OS? I'm seeing what seems to be improvement in the alignment of recordings vs the time noted on the timeline and haven't seen many breaks other than those I've instigated (router reboots, etc.). I haven't watched CVR enough yet to be comfortable in saying it's much better but it seems headed that way.

Johnny45
Apprentice
Apprentice
Android app on my Samsung Note 8. The time line is accessible and scrolling and forwarding or reversing video now but I still have the original issue of it never being in synch.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tested using a web browser and the timeline and recording bars seem to be lining up fine at the moment.

CB11
Aspirant
Aspirant
I discovered that my two cvr cameras are not recording to local USB. I know the continuous video doesn't record locally but I thought the motion events would still. They don't seem to and support told me this is expected? The only recordings on my USB drive are from a third camera that I dont have cvr enabled on.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CB11,

I tested this and got the same results. I have escalated this topic for further investigation to clarify if this is intended behavior.

JamesC

Cosmin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I whant to add second arlo pro 2 camera to cvr but i have to pay again the subscription for first one i think that something is wrong . 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cosmin,

You will be issued a refund for the unused portion of the subscription. When adding the second subscription plan, the billing cycle is realigned to match the new subscription start date.

JamesC

beresford_pi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMB4000 base station. That particular model was not among the available choices when I started this reply.

The snippets of video that are recorded when the camera detects motion do not match the time on the CVR timeline.

Bought all components new from Best Buy about 2 weeks ago.  So, fresh firmware/software updates.

Any suggetions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's an issue that's been around for a bit. Open a case with support here so more complaints help get faster efforts.

Johnny45
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm dumping my Arlos for the Nest Outdoor IQ as soon as it's available next week. Nest handles the time line correctly. This is fundamental stuff, Neatgear.
Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
I too have been having issues viewing CVR footage on the iOS App on the new iPhone X. It’s appalling I can’t believe I paid £70 for something I can’t even view properly. Sometimes I have black gaps. Then randomly instead of the black gaps in the same position they’ll be recordings. Other times it just refuses to play. Sometimes it’s really badly out of sync. My internet is 300mbps download! 20mbps Upload.
Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
I would completely avoid getting CVR. It is incredibly buggy on the app to a point where it becomes unusable. Also I’ve noticed on my pro 2 not every recording ends up on the library. Even though I get a red number on the library indicating a recording is available. .. . But when I get there nothing is there?!? This is the only camera I have cvr. And funnily enough it’s the only camera im seeing random bugs.
Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation