Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 CVR Timeline Unable To Jump To A Particular Time And Gaps In Recording

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
hokienick
Initiate
Initiate

I was trying to find some footage from yesterday in the middle of the day on the webapp.  I would scrub through to the time I was looking for but the needle then jumps to the end of the timeline for that day.  I am hoping to get this issue solved before I give up and cancel paying for this service every month.  This seems like one of the simplest tasks that this service should provide and I am at a loss.  I also notice that throughout the day there are periods where the video is not recorded (the light grey bar stops then starts up again).  As a note this is happening on my laptop and mobile device.  Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hokienick
Initiate
Initiate

There seemed to be an update on my iPhone the following day I posted this.  I have it setup that it updates apps automatically but for some reason I guess the Arlo one wasn't doing it. 

In regards to the issues I was facing I don't seem to run into them anymore in the app.  I am able to scrub to points with ease and it is relatively faster than what I was seeing before.  As for the webapp, I did a little more reading and read something about Arlo not utilizing netgear or something, so I logged into my arlo and noticed the url was different.  The scrubbing is a lot better than before.  There are still times I would move the timeline and it would put the tracker at the end of the video and the page would look like it keeps refreshing, but it happens less frequently now which is nice.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @hokienick

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

rscott09
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the same problem since I installed the new IOS Arlo app.  Also can’t exit the timeline mode, have to close the app and restart the app to get back to the home menu.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @rscott09

Which Device/Model/OS are you using when you experience this issue with the close video feature?

rscott09
Apprentice
Apprentice

Using VMC4030P Arlo Pro 2 with VMB4000r3 base station IOS 12.4.1. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@rscott09

Have you tried to tilt your phone horizontally and close the video by pressing (Done).

rscott09
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, that worked, thanks.  Never had to do that in the legacy Arlo app that is being discontinued.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @rscott09

I apologize for the surprise change, I am glad it's working for you now. Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

hokienick
Initiate
Initiate

There seemed to be an update on my iPhone the following day I posted this.  I have it setup that it updates apps automatically but for some reason I guess the Arlo one wasn't doing it. 

In regards to the issues I was facing I don't seem to run into them anymore in the app.  I am able to scrub to points with ease and it is relatively faster than what I was seeing before.  As for the webapp, I did a little more reading and read something about Arlo not utilizing netgear or something, so I logged into my arlo and noticed the url was different.  The scrubbing is a lot better than before.  There are still times I would move the timeline and it would put the tracker at the end of the video and the page would look like it keeps refreshing, but it happens less frequently now which is nice.

Frustrated101
Star
Star

I was told this is a known issue and don't worry about it. If you look at the color bars at the bottom of your timeline, it should be some color every part of the day. Even grey at least which means it was recording but no motion or sound was detected and then there's a color for sound and motion. Any part of your timeline that has no color bar at the bottom means it wasn't recording then for some reason. My gaps were only a few seconds in length. But I would look at that. If it's much longer like you mentioned an entire day, I would confirm more troubleshooting like did you lose wifi, power, or something else during that time.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation