Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lapinka
Follower
Follower

We purchased the Arlo Pro 2 that included 2 cameras back in February 2018. Last week was the first time that we needed to recharge the cameras.  The first time I charged them, it was for 5 hours, until it showed on the app that they were showing completely charged.  Put them back up (we use them outside) and by the next day we received an alert that the batteries needed to be recharged.  I recharged them again but left them charge for 24 hours and put them back out yesterday.  Today we received an alert that the camera was done to 16% and the other camera is still at 92%.  Why is the charge not holding on the one camera?

The other problem I am having is trying to get the zoning to work on the camera's.  I have plugged them in, while trying to set them back on the magnetic clip and capture the zone, thinking I have saved the zone, unplugged it from the camera and have to re-affix it to the magnetic holder.....only to get the little yellow triangle on the screen and alerts because a car has driven by.  

Any suggestions would be helpful:) 

2 REPLIES 2
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@lapinka wrote:

The other problem I am having is trying to get the zoning to work on the camera's.  I have plugged them in, while trying to set them back on the magnetic clip and capture the zone, thinking I have saved the zone, unplugged it from the camera and have to re-affix it to the magnetic holder.....only to get the little yellow triangle on the screen and alerts because a car has driven by.  

It sounds like you are running on batteries. Zoning relies on permanent power to work.

According to the manual:

"Plugging in the camera recharges the battery, and allows you to use more features, including activity zones, video analytics, and a continuous video recording (CVR) plan with the Look Back feature."

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Rectro33
Tutor
Tutor

Correct me if Im wrong but it also seems you have the wrong idear on how to set up the zones aside from the fact that you do need it powered at all times to use Activity zones.  You cant capture a zone, remove the camera and place it back on the magnetic holder as the positiion would be lost in which your have to set the zones up to be in the correct place.

You need to fix the camera in the fixed position,  plug power in, then use the snap shot to get a still image of the new position and location in which you draw out the activity zones.  You then must leave that camera alone never moving it.  if you need to move it, then you need to go through the process again of setting up the zones, or at least adjust the zones to a slightly different placement.  You may find like me that even after zones are made cars still get picked up.

Dan

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation