Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Batteries and Arlo Base station A/C. Not showing any lights.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Zav999
Follower
Follower

I have 8 Arlo Pro 2 plugged into 2 base station. After a period where we did not use the system, batteries have drained and even my 2 spare batteries are dead too. As battery issues is a very well known and documents problem, I tried all the recommended methods to make them work to no success...

While on the chat with hero-desk I plugged on and off my Base stations and now BOTH are "dead" not showing any light - I think a well known a/c problem 

Now I have 8 useless batteries, 8 useless cameras, and 2 base stations that will not start 

The French support told me that "per Terms and conditions" they cannot assist with problems for anything beyond 12/24 months and that all I can do is dump my system if I cannot buy new batteries and a/c...

Anybody got a view on what I can do that does not require buying the whole kit again from a competitor ? 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Based on your information, it would seem that you used the "dead battery" procedure shown in the FAQ here in the support section, right? That means plugging the cameras in multiple times to get enough charge in the batteries to allow them to fully charge.

As for the base stations not showing any lights, it's not a "well known A/C problem" but does occur from time to time, just as with any other electronic device. First, make sure the wall outlet actually has power. Next, make sure the AC adapters are fully and properly connected at the wall as well as the base and that the base power switch (if it has one) is in the ON position. It's unlikely that two bases would fail simultaneously without some external cause. You can also use a voltmeter to measure the voltage from each power adapter to verify that the proper voltage is being supplied to the base.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation