Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Base Station Cannot Connect To Internet

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ryancws
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have been using my Arlo Pro 2 with Nighthawk R8500 since last week in China. It worked well until three days ago, with error message saying the base is offline. I tried all troubleshootings including opening ports 80, 123 and 443 but the base is still offline. I used the same ethernet port for other gadgets and the internet works perfect. Other ports are not working for Arlo Pro as well. Anyone knows what else could go wrong?

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat are the LEDs on the base showing? Should be 3 green ones.

ryancws
Aspirant
Aspirant

power=green, all others=amber. Tried all troubleshootings in user manual.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The amber Internet LED means the base is connected to the router but not the Internet. Restarting the router may help. Who owns the router - you or the ISP?

ryancws
Aspirant
Aspirant
I own the router. Restarted the router and it didn’t help. I reset the router as well. Nothing works so far.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you haven't made security chnages in the router of any sort, it sounds like an ISP issue. You need ports 80, 123 and 443 to arlo.netgear.com to be open.

ryancws
Aspirant
Aspirant
I didn’t change any security setting. Unless you can show me the steps proving my incorrect ports forwarding, I believe I have port 80 (http+tcp/udp), 123 (ntp+tcp/udp), and 443 (https+tcp/udp) opened right.. The Arlo base is not working still. It was working fine even before I opened the 3 ports.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The typical router default settings need nothing to allow access for the base. You shouldn't need to do anything for a standard setup. My question was just to raise awareness of whether you made any changes. If not, I would contact the ISP.

ryancws
Aspirant
Aspirant
I share your articulation of the issue. I didn’t forward the ports and the base worked well for days until it went offline. It must be the ISP as I didn’t change anything before the base is down. But ISP in this country won’t make exemption. I guess I may have to give up Arlo.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I believe some folks have used a VPN to get around certain issues. Don't know if that would help you or not.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation