Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 2 Base Constantly Offline

Just updated to firmware 2.70 and the base constantly goes offline. I reset the modem and base to get it back online, but it then just goes offline again shortly.

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Message 1 of 5
Aspirant

I run into the same problem sometimes and what I do I turned my phone off (shut it off) and the turn it back on, when I check my arlo cameras everything is working condition.

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

It’s not the cameras that are offline. It’s the base station. I reboot the modem and then the base station and that gets that back online but then 10 minutes later it’s offline again. Base is connected directly to modem.

Message 3 of 5
Arlo Moderator

Re: Arlo Pro 2 base constantly offline

@Me1234

What firmware is your base station running? When it goes offline, what are the status LEDs on the front of the base station displaying?

Message 4 of 5
Aspirant

Re: Arlo Pro 2 base constantly offline

Ok I figured it out. As I mentioned I was connecting the base station directly to the modem since I was limited in the Ethernet ports on the router. I swapped it out and connected to the router and that seemed to solve the issue. The issue only came up after I updated the latest firmware. It worked previously but seems that you need to connect to router after the update.

Message 5 of 5