Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Just1Guy
Guide
Guide

I have the Arlo app on both my phone and my iPad.  I recently noticed that not all the activation videos show up on the device I use to view the intrusion.

I have found that these clips do show up on my other device.  This is a problem as important visual information is not on the device I’m using.  

Anyone know why and how to fix this?

8 REPLIES 8
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Are both mobile devices using the same account credentials, are they both using the same UI app type?

Just1Guy
Guide
Guide

Yes on both questions.  Both Apple devices and both using the same iOS rev.

Additionally, my wife was granted access with her own credentials and the missing clips show up on her devices.  It seems to happen while viewing library clips to the device that is being viewed and all other devices have the missing clips.  

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Could be a filter on the library page set to only showing clips from a single camera.

Which arlo app UI type are you using, old has library, new has feed.

Just1Guy
Guide
Guide

Hello DannyBear.,

I’m using the iOS app, Arlo Secure:Home Security version 4.3.5 on all my devices and all my devices have current iOS versions.

However, this has been happening for sometime.  I’m just getting around to digging into the issue.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Just to clarify my question, arlo has two apps user interfaces that have different ways to present the recordings to the user.

The original app which sounds like your using that has a library page, the newer app has replaced this with a feed page that presents the clips individually as a logged event. The newer app has lots of problems so anything is possible if you are using it.

I am using the library type app and not seeing the issue here which suggests that the issue is local. Since the missing clips can be viewed by the granted user, again it points to a local issue. This does not rule out the arlo account is not the problem but.

Have you tried deleting and installing the app on the mobile devices?

Just1Guy
Guide
Guide

Yes, I’m using the app with Library.  I am not aware of the other app.  What is it called?

I realized today that in the past, this has happened when I was accessing a camera in real time to observe while the system was armed.  Today, I just let all the alarms report and disabled the system before trying to pull up individual cameras and had no missed clips.   Not sure this is the cause, but one would still expect alarm clips to all report on the app.

I will try the delete, reload.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The new app is called the same name and always has the same version number I believe which makes it very confusing. If you install the newer app type you are not able to return to the old app so if you’re not happy you get stuck.

Regards the issue of missing clips, it would help for you to describe the actions you make the issue occur.

Example, if I tap on the recordings value associated with a camera from the main devices page, it opens the library with the camera filter applied that only shows that camera’s clip. Closing the camera filter reverts to showing all camera clips.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DannyBearAgain wrote:

The new app is called the same name and always has the same version number I believe which makes it very confusing.

@Just1Guy: Actually there is only one app - it supports both user interfaces.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation