Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - All recordings start as still image on iPhone XS Max

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tlambert642
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ever since switching to iPhone form Android all my recordings start as a still image for the first couple seconds while the audio plays then resumes. If there are multiple people passing my camera I will not see the first couple people just a still image but I'll hear them. I can no longer see my dog when taking and coming from a walk. My dog will set off the motion sensor but due to the still image issue, I don't see her on the recording. Never had this issue with Android. I'm using an iPhone XS Max. 

Please help.

8 REPLIES 8
Dicupe
Initiate
Initiate

I upgraded to the iPhone XR today, and I’m having the exact same problem.

The videos do play with no issues when tested with an iPhone 8 Plus..

This issue seems to be impacting the newly released iPhone “X” models.

Hoping to see a resolution to this issue very soon.

Dicupe
Initiate
Initiate

UPDATE:

I noticed that Apple has released software update version 12.1

After taking the update, I no longer have this problem.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

tlambert642
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah I'm updated to 12.1 but still having the issue. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @tlambert642,

Are you on the latest app version? And are you experiencing these issues when viewing all cameras or just your Arlo Pro 2? Are you also experiencing this issue through the web client?

tlambert642
Aspirant
Aspirant
@JessicaP

Yes I’m on the latest app version. I only have this issue on iPhone. On my iPad the app works as expected. My iPad has iOS version 11. I’m afraid to update to the latest 12.1.1 due to this issue.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Make sure you are running the latest iOS version on your iPhone, which is iOS 12.1.1. Try to see if you are experiencing the issue when you are seeing the recording through WiFi or cellular data.

tlambert642
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am and have been on the latest iOS version for my iPhone which is now 12.1.2 as of today. I’ve always been on the latest version for both the app and iOS versions. Yes issue is the same for my iPhone regardless if I’m on phone data or WiFi.

I even exchanged my Arlo camera and still the same issue.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If reinstalling the app did not help as well, what I can do is create a case for you so our support team can further help you out. I will send you a private message to gather more information from you.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation