Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Aborted Connectivity

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bruzr
Guide
Guide
Have had now for 5 days Now an Instance as where All -3- of my Arlo Pro 2 cams spontaneously Appear Offline, although they each Show Individual Metered WiFi Signal Strength, but State being "Offline". The Arlo Hub is online, as well connected, and other Arlo Indoor Cams work fine. All Cams firmware were Up to Date. Have rebooted, Router & Arlo Hub, battery cycled out/ in, Unplugged Cycled, etc.. To no Avail. For some strange reason, I have had this issue, with no prior instances of anything similar to this, other than one battery replacement issue. Guess I have been lucky.. If anyone has had anything to Share or Related, it would be Greatly Appreciated...!
7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Where are the Pro 2 cameras located - I assume outdoors? Since the indoors ones are working, I would guess that it's an issue with the connectivity to the Pro 2 cameras caused by something like house construction (dense walls, stucco, etc.). Swapping an indoor camera with an outdoor one may help isolate the issue.

bruzr
Guide
Guide

Potentially, yes all Outside Located, as they seem to be Focused as such. But all three have worked in their present location for over a year plus now, just this has been so abrupt to have this Offline Occurrence and with no real change from that time. That is why I think it is either connecteed to an Arlo Hub Issue, as they show their individual WiFi status,  and are Clearly reflected with a Mac ID presence in my WiFi Router. Perhaps it is a Firmware issue, just dam odd, and seemingly not Addressed as anything similar to this, other than one cam offline, etc.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras never show up in your router connected list since they only connect to the base. Only the base shows as connected to the router.

You need to do the troubleshooting regardless of whether it used to work or we can't be of use. Swapping the cameras around is a relatively simple thing to do and will give us something to work with.

bruzr
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the reply, but it is not helpful and seems vague, and non-descript. If you (jguerdat) are in fact Netgear (Arlo) Support, I guess it's all I or We are going to get, as what does that mean, Troubleshooting I should do..? As, stated, I have followed Troubleshooting Steps as Advised by Arlo, and Others with similar occurence for SINGLE CAMERA OUTAGE>! In My own instance, I believe is Unique in itself, in regards to Multiple Cameras Offline at a Single Instance. As stated, as well, All Three Cameras worked, operated Normally, as in perfectly fine, until All Three Cameras went offline simultaneously, at once, and just wanted anyone else out there to share, if the found a similar instance. So if there IS anyone out there with similar instance of this Issue with Arlo Pro 2 Cameras, with Multiple Outages, in a Single Instance, just chime in. But as in support from Netgear, I suppose that is something that is Just Waiting to Happen here. A "Guru" means nothing to me if they just babble.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@bruzr

What firmware version is your cameras & base station running? Have you tried to remove & re-sync the cameras to the base? What do the status LED lights display on the base station when this issue occurs? 

bruzr
Guide
Guide

Thank you for your response. The Arlo Hub Firmware currently is 1.12.0.0.27099

As for the 3x Arlo Pro 2 Cams, I cannot give that information, as they are offline...But, they would all have the Latest Firmware that was available, as I would be very Concientous on Maintaining the Survellience System, as I use it frequently to Monitor my Residence from Abroad, as intended. This Particular Instance, is Islolated, as in Never Before Occurrence...And it Happened now going on a week ago, and the Lights on the Arlo Hub are Normal, with the Blinking Connection light sporadic, but steady most of the time. It seems to have “Excellent” Connnection according to the App, and my Router Connection. But it just doesn’t make sense to lose all these Pro 2 Cams at once, and why Should I have to Reset All Three Cameras, as obviously this is a Arlo Hub Issue. As on the App, although they read Offline with the Arlo Hub, they still reflect their WiFi Connectivity Levels, as mentioned numerous times on here. It seems possibly the last Firmware Update on the Hub. Was their one recently, cannot track that down...?

As for the Re-sync, Resetting, etc. Yes, as I am a Confident Tech Saavy Person, and have very carefully addressed all recommendations online, and in Arlo Website Recommendations, as mentioned, numerous times. And this Posting, as always, is my Not by Choice, only a Last Ditch Effort as in Desperate Attempt, as I do not give up easily on Sleuting Such Issues, when things go Awry, I scour the web, but nothing like this has been found by myself in related instances. 

Thanks...!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation