Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
EcoDieselDave
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was an update released so arlo pro 2 Cameras can have activity zones set now with NOT needing them to be plugged into 110 wall outlet power? 

This didn't work previously with solar panels or the Battery power so I constantly had battery drain by a tree or car on the road.

Can someone confirm this is Now working & with the auto 3-second look back? 

I'm looking to add arli Ultra cameras as well will this work with Ultra's now? 

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're referring to Arlo Smart which allows battery cameras to have zones. The servers do post-processing to decide whether to alert you - the cameras have to record and send the videos off for this to work.

The 3 second lookback still requires AC power since the camera has to be always streaming for this to work.

EcoDieselDave
Aspirant
Aspirant
Attached is a screenshot red arrow points towards the button which there's always been the activity zone option but not long ago, a couple of weeks ago maybe the option would not work unless you were plugged into wall power. This is what I'm confirming is to work, so the camera stills shows the entire view, but only goes off & records in the small area you choose it to record, avoiding cars on a road or a flag blowing in the wind for examples
EcoDieselDave
Aspirant
Aspirant
is The 3-second look back automatically added to the video captured so you always get what occurred moments before the event?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If plugged into AC power, yes.

ralcos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wondering the same thing. I just noticed the triangle "alerts" to let me know that i can set "activity zones". I've got 4 Arlo Pro 2s, but only one is plugged into AC and has activity zones set. After I saw the alerts, I went and set activity zones for the other battery-powered cameras, but I don't think they work properly. The cameras are still detecting motion in the entire view...not just the activity zones I just set.

Any updates?

EcoDieselDave
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately NO clear updates, I'm seeing the same issues. Makes looking to switch to a competitor

in 2019 Arlo does not have a direct email contact for tech questions & an box randomly shows that says email us, under support but once you start typing that disappears also. & the email contact option is GONE?!?!??? Only chat & this community remain. I share this as I'm stumped how to get simple answers? Thousands in Cameras but they don't do what competitors camera do & require an Outlet as solar panels don't work 100% either.
Any assistance anyone has please advise
EcoDieselDave
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry I never really received any answers & Notice even with these Activity Zones set anything outside the perimeter still sets off the camera I had a Car driving By & a baby Bunny set them off so the battery went dead on my solar charged camera & when that happens I have manually charge the battery. Solar only tops it off
Jnowell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wish I would have read this forum before buying this thing. I needed activity zones, there were signs all over the display at Best Buy telling me how great Activity Zones were....then you get home and realize you've been duped. 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation