Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 4 camera kit only comes with less screw sets for mounts?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
HolzwarthKU
Follower
Follower

This is hilarious to me, but definitely check this comment out before you purchase anything.  I bought the Arlo Pro 2 system (with 4 cameras).  Let me repeat, with 4 cameras.  Guess what it comes with?  

It comes with 4 indoor wall mounts, 2 indoor wall mount screw sets, 1 outdoor mount and 1outside mount screw set.  How does this make ANY sense?  LOL!  It doesn't add up at all.  

At first, I thought I was missing pieces, but even the box says that is what it is supposed to come with.  I could see 4 indoor wall mounts and 4 indoor wall mount screw sets...or...2 indoor wall mounts, 2 indoor wall mount screw sets, 2 outdoor mounts and 2 outdoor mount screw sets...or...a different combination that actually adds up.  Someone totally missed the ball here at Arlo!  Are you freakin' kidding me!?  LOL!

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

I thought i was missing items also till i found out that how they roll.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@HolzwarthKU wrote:

It comes with 4 indoor wall mounts, 2 indoor wall mount screw sets 

The screws are odd, although standard sizes, but I use the "indoor" mounts outdoors.

A year or so on and the Pro 2 magnetic mounts show no more sign of wear and tear than the screw thread "outdoor" mounts. If anything, the outdoor mounts show more signs of corrosion.

But I don't live in an area where everything disappears if it is not nailed down.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:
I use the "indoor" mounts outdoors.

Me too.  I've had no issues with corrosion, and they've been outside now for quite a while (couple of years anyway).

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation