Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All cameras missed two hour span of recording

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
elrobobocopo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a Pro 2 base with vmb4000 cameras. One day recently a package thief stole a package between 1-3 PM.  I had two cameras on that spot, where the camera covering the door was maybe 6 feet away and the thief would've had to cross it dead center back and forth and would've 100% blocked out the camera. The second camera is about 15 feet away but typically is triggered when someone walks up my driveway, the thief would've walked from top right to bottom left of secondary camera.I looked for recordings as I have a usb drive connected and couldn't find any recordings for that span (there is at least a recording once an hour). There were no networking events at the time (the Base station uses the same channel for some reason and binds itself to my router 2.4 GHZ channel no matter what I try which I heavily dislike). Finally, my sensitivity settings were mostly at 80% sensitivity (though the main camera was at 100% sensitivity.) Am I just out of luck here and it is a crap shoot on when these things will be functional? I am looking for some kind of error logs or anything to indicate what went wrong here. Keep in mind I have noticed it randomly will miss recordings and completely miss people walking up and only catch a person walking away but my first stolen package and this missed everything.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @elrobobocopo

Is it possible to provide screenshots of the live view image to see the camera placement? Have you tried rebooting the base station & cameras by removing > Re-Inserting the batteries?

elrobobocopo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello ShayneS,

I have restarted the base station several times and have removed/reinserted batteries. These are using the solar panels so they typically stay above 90% charge, with that said there are random weeks where the cameras stop charging and display some error code indicating my solar panels aren't legitimate Arlo brand (they are and the issue usually resolves itself automatically after seven or so. The first picture is of my door where the package was stolen where the mail slot is at the bottom. The second photo is of the general mouth of my driveway/walkway where the thief would've walked across.IMG_2924arlo.pngIMG_2923arlo.jpg days.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have provided an article that will help with camera positioning. I would suggest rotating the front door camera to the right facing the drive & test again. I would also suggest to turn up the sensitivity on the main road camera until you get the results you need. The positioning on that camera appears to be okay.   How do I position my Arlo wire-free camera?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation