Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
nimbles
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi guys,

I am about to purchase the Arlo Pro 2 system for my home. It appears to me (as i need about 7-8 cameras in total as we have a lot of floors) that in the UK it would be cheaper for me to buy 2 of the "4 camera + base station" packs than purchase 1 set of "4 cameras plus base station" and 3 additional cameras.

My question is by buying two of the 4 packs, can i just use one base and link all 8 cameras to that base station or will each set of 4 cameras only link to their specific base station? unfortunately there isnt the 6 pack in the UK that i can find, like there is in the US....

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@nimbles

You can hook all the cameras up to one base station, but you will have to increase your subscription after 5 cameras.

With two base stations you can assign each one to a different email account and grant permissions from Base A to Base B abd from Base B to Base A to get around that problem. But each base will have to be armed separately.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As PS...

each base can only stream 5 cameras at the same time, tho they will handle up to 15 cameras if your service level is high enough

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
nimbles
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks guys this is super helpful, I will probably go for the subscription anyway but at least i have the options now

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation