Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rayar8
Aspirant
Aspirant

The latest update from Arlo Pro 2 has way too many glitches. Let it be known that my app is running on an Apple IPhone with the latest IOS. It has become almost inoperable. The camera keeps recording these green screens with  these blue bars and you barely see anything on your cellphone. Sometimes it records a totally black screen. Other times the image on your recording just freezes. This is the worst update in years in an update history that’s always zig zagging. Sometimes we get a very good update and then Arlo updates it for the worse.

Best answers
  • jguerdat
    Guru
    Guru

Checking https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes I see no new updates for the Pro 2 since 2021. There were relatively recent updates (April or July this year, depending on which base you have). Your app may have updated and/or you may have migrated to the new user interface that uses Feed to view recordings instead of the older Library.

In any event, it sounds like a signal strength/quality issue. Since it appears to be happening to all cameras, look for a device that's been added to your environment or moved from another location that also uses the 2.4GHz band which could be interfering with the signal to<>from the base. ALso, moving the base as far as practical away from the router may prove useful.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Checking https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes I see no new updates for the Pro 2 since 2021. There were relatively recent updates (April or July this year, depending on which base you have). Your app may have updated and/or you may have migrated to the new user interface that uses Feed to view recordings instead of the older Library.

In any event, it sounds like a signal strength/quality issue. Since it appears to be happening to all cameras, look for a device that's been added to your environment or moved from another location that also uses the 2.4GHz band which could be interfering with the signal to<>from the base. ALso, moving the base as far as practical away from the router may prove useful.

Rayar8
Aspirant
Aspirant

It’s not a signal strength. The base station and the cameras have been in the same place for years, and like I said, they have worked perfectly on occasions depending on the version that I have of the software.

bempdnsr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having issues also.  It takes forever for the cameras so long to even show up and then the feeds take so long to view

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Trying my suggestions won't hurt anything. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation