Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Notifications And Video Library Not Working Today

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

Is anyone else have an issue with push notifications and video recording not working today. The 2 cameras I have on and active during the day are no longer sending notifications or recording to my library today. I checked the status page, and it doesn't appear Arlo's system is having issues, but it could just be the beginning of that. 

8 REPLIES 8
ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

Update to this post. The ONLY way I was able to fix this problem was to remove the cameras and re-add them. This is the second time I have had to do this since I owned these camera. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When having the issue, what arre the LEDs on the base showing? Have you tried restarting the base instead of removing/syncing the cameras?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

ShaneLee,

Do to the amount of issues described, I suggest contacting customer Support. I have attached the link here for you.

Arlo Tech Support

ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks, but now the only problem I have is the schedules don't work as expected. 

I have a custom mode "daytime" and the default "armed" mode operating on a schedule. The scedule is set as follows: Midnight-6:59 a.m. ARMED

7:00 a.m. 9:59 p.m. DAYTIME

10:00 p.m. to 11:59 ARMED

What's happening is this. The daytime mode activates as it should. Then the 10:00 p.m. schedule activates to ARMED. However, when it rolls around to midnight, the whole system DISARMS when it should STAY armed. 

To compensate, I have added a nighttime mode that's basically a duplicate of ARMED mode to see if this makes a difference. There are definte bugs in the scheduling part of the software. 

slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

Also is the Base Station set to the correct Time Zone ?

Are the Start Time and Stop Tmes correct as far as AM\PM ?
Are the schedules overlapping (this may confuse the program) ?

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

It is definitely set to the correct time zone (PST). However, overlapping times isn't completely clear. There COULD technically be the minute of the overlapping times based on which device you want to believe. My app on mobile devices indicate one thing, but the website through a browser, indicates differently. So, I am back to believing there's a big somehwere in the code. 

This is an image from the app (you'll notice times go to XX:59):

IMG_0462.png

The same schedule on the browser doesn't have the :59, even though it was set in the same place, so I guess it's possible there's an overlap, but who knows! Hopefully this new "nightitme" mode will work as it's different from the armed mode that happens at midnight.

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 1.12.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 1.06.28 PM.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

ShaneLee,

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link below for you - Arlo Tech Support

ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

I did the first time, and it was a total waste of time. They were no help and the only solution was deleting my cameras and starting over, which is a royal pain once you have these cameras mounted out of easy reach. So when the same thing happened the 2nd time, that's what I did. It's a poor solution, but the only thing that seems to work. 

This schedule problem is something newer though. They worked for a long time, but it's almost as if there were updates to the code of the software that introducted this new bug. I am not sure I am up for spending more hours of my time on this problem if my workaround actually continues to work, but there should be a much easier way to contact support -- like email or a ticketing system -- something we could go back and forth (much like this forum). Maybe I will contact them when I have a spare block of hours. 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation