Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

I'm using the most current version of iOS (11.3) and the Arlo App for iPhone (2.4.8).  For part of the day, the app behaves normally, but then it inexplcably freezes on the white "Arlo" splash screen when launching, stays there for about 10 seconds, and crashes.  I have to force-reboot my iPhone to get it working again.  The app works fine through my web browser, so I know it's not a problem with the cameras or base station.

I have deleted and reinstalled the mobile app, but the problem persists.  Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

Hi JamesC.  No, there is no error message.  The page just hangs for about 10 seconds and then crashes back to the main screen.  After this happens, other apps that use the network connection (HBO Go, WatchESPN, etc.)  do the same thing.  I ended up reseting the network  settings on the iPhone by going to Settings-->General-->Reset--> Reset Network Settings and the problem hasn't returned for the last two days.  I'm not sure if somethign changed on the server side of Netgear or if resetting my network settings solved the issue.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

BTW, force closing the app and relaunching doesn't help.   I can only get the app to work by force-rebooting my iPhone.  I certainly don't want to have to do this every time I need to check the cameras.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

krypttic,

Do you see any kind of error messaging when the crash occurs? Have you experienced this on any other devices or just this specific iOS device?

JamesC

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

Hi JamesC.  No, there is no error message.  The page just hangs for about 10 seconds and then crashes back to the main screen.  After this happens, other apps that use the network connection (HBO Go, WatchESPN, etc.)  do the same thing.  I ended up reseting the network  settings on the iPhone by going to Settings-->General-->Reset--> Reset Network Settings and the problem hasn't returned for the last two days.  I'm not sure if somethign changed on the server side of Netgear or if resetting my network settings solved the issue.  Thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation