Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go Camera Goes Offline

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Disciple69
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my cameras has gone offline.

I brought it into the house (in the room where the Arlo base station is) and removed / refitted the battery.

The camera came on line fine, I then looked to replace on its mount and with the camera positioning mode the signal strength was almost non existent, eventually going offline again.

The battery is at 52%, does the signal strength drop with the battery level?

I have put the camera on charge and will try again when fully charged but will be extremely disappointed if the camera is useless with over half of the battery life still left!

Any feedback much appreciated

Dave

5 REPLIES 5
mtino89
Tutor
Tutor

Hey – have you ever had issues with connecting at that distance before? How far is the camera mount from the base and are there lots of walls/concrete/steel the signal has to go through? Those can all interfere with signal strength.. Try bringing one of your other cameras to that position and see if it holds the connection. Battery life shouldn't affect connection.. I've had my cameras down to 5% before with no connectivity issues

Hope this helps!

Disciple69
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I've had no issues for the couple of months its been in place.

The camera is mounted on the end of my conservatory and the base station is sited in the room above the conservatory so couldn't be better placed really.

I'm recharging and will try again, if unsuccesful will try what you siad and swap cameras.

Only had the system since Black Friday and so will be disappointed if its malfunctioned.

Dave

Disciple69
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera is now fully charged but I've noticed that even with the camera next to the base station the signal strength says "Poor".

I have checked my second camera in "Camera Positioning Mode" and it also states signal strength "Poor" and this camera is sited on an adjacent wall to the room the base station is sited, approximately 5 mtrs from the house (only passing through one brick wall).

Do you think there is a problem with the base station or is there a setting to adjust etc??

Dave

mtino89
Tutor
Tutor
If the base station talks to the other cameras without issue I would think it’s a camera issue. Is there an update available for that camera? Or maybe tell the base station to forget that camera and resync it?

Let me know if any of these help! 🙂
mtino89
Tutor
Tutor

I found this thread that might help..

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-pro-goes-offline-and-battery-drops/td-p/1451054

Some people are saying it's the cold. Some people are saying defective camera. I think your best bet is to test if another camera can hold up to that location with no issues.. This way you can rule out the placement of the camera vs. the camera itself.

I would also take the camera in question and try it in a known working location. Remove the camera from the base, re-sync it and see if there are updates (camera settings > device info > firmware). If it's a defective camera (especially only being less than 3 months old!) Arlo should send a replacement. At least that's what they did to the original poster in that thread..

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation