Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
tj9541
Aspirant
Aspirant

My charging station is out of warranty, but it is barely functional now. Can someone help me find a support path (hate this new subscription only support, even for chat or email). 

The charging station's USB input no longer works properly. I have to hold it in and kind of to the side for it to recognize the connection. Furthermore, only one of the slots charge the battery. I'll take one battery and put it in slot A and it will not charge. Take the same battery and put it in slot B, and it charges (again, only when i'm holding the USB plug as described above). 

4 REPLIES 4
dcfox1
Master
Master

Since it is out of warranty you may be out of luck. You can use chat w/o a subscription but not sure how far you will get. Go to settings-support in the app if you haven't. 

tj9541
Aspirant
Aspirant

live chat is only if you purchased something within 1 year now with no subscription. I got these in like 2018 so all i get is the useless virtual chat bot that just directs me to community solutions.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@tj9541 wrote:

I got these in like 2018 so all i get is the useless virtual chat bot that just directs me to community solutions.

Since it's out of warranty, you'll need to purchase a replacement charging station.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While you're at it, try a different cable - maybe the charging station itself isn't the issue (although it sure sounds like it is).

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation