Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Changes Mode To Disarm By It's Own

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JSaadi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had this problem few months back, it was solved then, now I have it again.

Very frustrating no use for the whole solution if I can't arm when I need to 

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you using a custom mode or schedule? Have you tried to reboot the base station & test again? What firmware is the base station running?

JSaadi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have one custom mode, but the problem occurs even if I use the default "armed" mode. 

I am not using schedule 

I restarted and it apread to have solved, but after a while it changed mode again to "disarm"

versions below

HW VersionVMB4000r3
Firmware1.12.0.0_27099
JSaadi
Aspirant
Aspirant

on more note, I added an Arlo Q last week, and it has it's own mode independent of the hub mode, that has four Arlo pro2 camera connected to it

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the Q switching itself, too? Have you tried a computer browser to verify that th emode is actually switched since the app has issues with proper displays of modes?

JSaadi
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Q is not swtiching, @jguerdat

The same behavior is oon computer browser, it actually switches modes to disaabled and it stops detecting motion. so it is not the mode presentation, it actaully changes to disarmed by itself

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
A brute force method would be to reset the system and start fresh. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices except for the Q and then claim the base. Sync the cameras. Update firmware if prompted as you go.
JSaadi
Aspirant
Aspirant

another observation, that if I rebout the base after I select a mode, that will mode will stick until I change it manualy again.  After that point no mode will stick more than couple of minutes and it defaults back to disarmed. 

I saw in some gorups that this is a known bug!  is it?

My beloved Arlo solution that many friends bought because of my strong recomendatations, is not worth a cent now, when the mode resets to dissarm.

is Arlo looking at this community forum?  I need their official stance.  

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation