Arlo Cameras No Longer Record Activity

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Barnacle
Tutor
Tutor

A few months ago my Arlo Cameras stopped recording.  My original though was that because they were ARLO Pro 2's that maybe Arlo did an update to force me to buy new cameras or pay a subscription.

I have 3x Arlo Pro 2's, and an Arlo Baby Monitor.  The Pro2's are wireless and have a full battery charge, the Arlo Baby is plugged in.  All Cameras have working live feeds, but no cameras record any activity, have no recordings in the feed, and no alerts to my phone when the baby wakes up or if there is someone near my front door.

Did Arlo disable activity recordings/feed/alerts for non-subscribers?  Is there a way to get these working again, these were very expensive cameras.

4 REPLIES 4
Barnacle
Tutor
Tutor

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN   Is this something similar to other posts where something on the Arlo side that you can do on the backend can fix this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Barnacle 

I made a change on the backend, can you test your devices again and if the symptoms continue I will escalate this for you. 

Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@chris4242 wrote:

@ShayneS FYI here's a handful of posts about this issue:

@Barnacle's issue is different (only affecting some legacy Pro/Pro 2 cameras). 

Not recording when a smart notification is turned off only affects people with subscriptions (since you only get smart notifications when you have a subscription).  @Barnacle doesn't.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation