Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Basestation VB4000 Siren Notification Problem

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Pucksterpete
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, I have a ? for you
I have the arlo base station 4000, its been running fine for 3 yrs now.
But I was wondering when the siren is triggered on the base station within a "Rule" I have setup for night time and to send push notifications to my phone, is the notification being sent because the siren was triggered or because the other device "camera" detected motion?
The reason I'm asking this is because when the siren is triggered, I'm not getting a notification that is has gone off or showing within the Arlo app that the base station siren is activated.
I physically have to view the video from the camera, then to realize that the siren is sounding.
I remember before, say a little less than a year ago, I was getting alerts that the siren was activated, but since all the other updates to the app, that doesn't happen anymore. Very frustrating.
Can you help me?

Thanks

Pete

25 REPLIES 25
Pucksterpete
Apprentice
Apprentice

and the final reply from Arlo Support

As of now this is expected behavior.
If you want the change to get implemented please refer to this page:
https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

Is there anything else I can help you with?

I also wanted to remind you that all Arlo products are eligible for a 2 year warranty, however our technical support is unlimited, so feel free to contact us whenever you require any help. You can call our technical support under the phone number 0800 970 3054 Mondays to Fridays from 0900 to 1730 UK time. You can also use our live chat at https://www.arlo.com/eu/support/contact.aspx

Your case will now be closed, and then you will get an email with a survey about our service from Arlo. The first 4 questions are about me and my work, so if you ever find a moment to fill it out I would greatly appreciate it.

Best regards,
Robert - Arlo Support Europe

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation