Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base offline after setting up Eero 6 network. Shows all 3 green lights.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Arlo_user117
Follower
Follower

Hi,

Just switched my network from an Arris modem/router to the Eero 6 mesh setup. Base won't connect and shows offline on Arlo web and app. Connected base using ethernet cable direct to Eero 6 and Arlo base shows 3 green lights (power, internet, and cameras).

I've tried power cycling Arlo base already.  Ethernet cable does work on other devices when connected to Eero (shouldn't be an issue since internet light on Arlo is green anyways).

I understand individual cameras won't be able to take advantage of mesh network as they all connect to the base.  Need to get Arlo system back up and get this base working again.  Any suggestions?  I'll remove device and try to connect again as a final option.  Thanks

1 REPLY 1
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Arlo_user117 wrote:

I'll remove device and try to connect again as a final option. 

It isn't clear to me from your description if your various moves included doing a complete factory reset on the Arlo VMB4000.

The hub is now talking to a different network and may have to forget any bad habits, or settings, that it picked up from your previous modem/router.

Power cycling is not severe enough to clear those settings.

See the bit in the manual Reset a Base Station to factory settings.

Find the manual here:

Document Library

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation