Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Dannybear
Master
Master
Ok, worst firmware update ever. Cameras and base station continually going offline, cameras not recording to cloud. Still using USB though.
Power cycling no longer a workaround. Might be the last straw for me. Might be off to the dog pound tomorrow.
19 REPLIES 19
CLangley
Star
Star

Same problem here. In the App it is prompting to update the basestation to firmware version 1.12.2.4_2772 (first time in 18 months I have actually seen that prompt), but nothing happens. So the cameras are now unuseable.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, these cameras are at a holiday home where I cannot remotely recycle the power & it will be 3 months before I am next there. I am absolutely fed up with Arlo and their poor QA on what was an expensive system.

Arlo’s actions are turning into a complete disaster and have been progressively breaking everything that once worked with their updates. And they cannot even be bothered to communicate with their customers.

CLangley
Star
Star

@CLangley wrote:

Same problem here. In the App it is prompting to update the basestation to firmware version 1.12.2.4_2772 (first time in 18 months I have actually seen that prompt), but nothing happens. So the cameras are now unuseable.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, these cameras are at a holiday home where I cannot remotely recycle the power & it will be 3 months before I am next there. I am absolutely fed up with Arlo and their poor QA on what was an expensive system.

Arlo’s actions are turning into a complete disaster and have been progressively breaking everything that once worked with their updates. And they cannot even be bothered to communicate with their customers.

Further to my message above, trying to trigger the update via a computer web browsers, it shows "basestation error 4403". Let's hope someone from Arlo reads this and can fix this this.

Dannybear
Master
Master
The update was applied earlier today, would not take so had to power cycle base to get it loaded. Seemed to be happy for four hours then everything fell over. Camera don’t stay online, base keeps rebooting, even pulled the USB drives, rebooted and still going offline.
SteveMonty
Star
Star
Thank you! Could not agree more. After my update, many things just started flaking out. Was down 2 days without my knowledge...all LEDs were good. Base reboots when bored. I'm thinking or bricking the base and setting it up again (pain in the butt).
Dannybear
Master
Master
Yes, still battling the firmware bug in the base. Base going offline daily, all cameras go offline and have to be resynced, siren not sounding when activated, cameras pixelation occurs daily, faulty recordings that can’t be completed then disappear from library, geofencing not working and app crashes just to name a few.
Arlo can’t be helped.
mikehardie
Aspirant
Aspirant

We need to Fair Go them.

steguis
Tutor
Tutor

Sigh, I thought I was the only one. My camera won't stay connected to the base, just shows offline. If I reboot the base it'll connect for a little bit then time out again. Looks like they released 1.12.3.1_87  this morning. Hoping the base will update overnight. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
If you have a USB backup device installed on the base then suggest you remove it. It will not fix the offline issue but makes it less severe.

Don’t hold your breath for an update, only the vmb5000 is getting one. Go ultra go.
steguis
Tutor
Tutor

Nope, no USB attached. So yesterday because the wireless camera kept disconnecting, I'm guessing it kept trying to reconnect and drained from 83% to empty overnight...and of course I'm nowhere physically near the camera to replace or charge the battery 😕

Ralr2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo  just release the new firmware update for the Base Station VMB40001.14.0.2_2776 

and I believe this will fix when the cameras are not recording.

SteveMonty
Star
Star
Ralr2000, you have a link to the firmware release notes? Can't find it anywhere. Heard that the 5000 was getting / has received an update but not the 4000. If you have some info, you'll be in my fav five 🤣!
SteveMonty
Star
Star
Danny, I've tried with and without USB off-line storage and in my particular case, it didn't make a difference. I'm currently running only 720P cams and no 1080Ps. Not sure if that may have anything to do with it or not. I have 1080P cameras, but I removed them to troubleshoot. It made it less severe but I have no definitive data to prove it. Tired of adding and removing stuff hahaha! So running my bare bones 720P cams is where I am now. Figured less for the stupid base to work with.

But thank you for the suggestion! Have a great day.
Dannybear
Master
Master
My base station vmb4000 updated firmware to v1.14.0.2_2776 but no release notes as yet.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Another wasted update, base going offline and fails to format the USB.
mikehardie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine will be going back to the shop shortly for a full refund. No point in having a security camera that's not fit for purpose. The care team are supposed to be contacting me but I don't old out much hope.

SteveMonty
Star
Star
Mine upgraded to 1.14.0.2_2776 last night. Guess we will see how it goes.
Sheppeyboy
Guide
Guide
The update was applied earlier today, would not take so had to power cycle base to get it loaded. Seemed to be happy for four hours then everything fell over. Camera don’t stay online, base keeps rebooting, rebooted and still going offline. HELP
steguis
Tutor
Tutor

Mine updated as well overnight. This weekend (before I even got the update), I physically unplugged my base from the outlet for 15 minutes then plugged it back in and my cameras' connections have been stable since (so far).

ShadowReaper81
Aspirant
Aspirant

The best work around for those that have cameras in remote locations not on-site is to install a network power adapter like Wemo or similar devices. If you need to power cycle the base station, you can do so remotely.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation