Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
cas42021
Guide
Guide

If you have this base station (VMB 4000) don't remove the device from your app, as there is a known issue that will not allow you to re-add it. Support is aware of it and said their Engineers are working on it, but couldn't give me a time frame. Based off that alone, I'm going to need to replace these camera's ASAP with another solution. I can't go days without home security cameras.

This base station came as a kit with 2 Arlo Pro 2 cameras, which are going EOL 1/1/25 - but the base station isn't going EOL. I just don't see them fixing this any time soon, forcing me into an upgrade or replacing the solution with another option.

The support case for anyone's reference is Arlo case #44038188

1000042812.jpg

1000042813.jpg

1000042814.jpg

1000042815.jpg

1000042816.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @cas42021 

I have escalated this for you and support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @cas42021 

I have escalated this for you and support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

cas42021
Guide
Guide

Hi @ShayneS 

Thanks for the help, but the only 2 times I heard from support in the last 52hrs was to tell me they still don't have a resolution and will update me once they do. No details, no anything. I tried to escalate, ask to speak with someone, it's not possible. I was told a Manager would call me back. I provided my contact number and gave 24x7 availability. I'm still waiting by the phone. When pressed, I asked them of the other customers affected, what's the date of the first report? They told me April 15, 2024. That's 2.5 weeks ago, insane. Still no resolution.

Who thinks it's acceptable to go 2.5 weeks without home security cameras? Support is lacking to say the least. I hope they do the right thing here, eventually..

cas42021
Guide
Guide

It took 9 days but Arlo Support sent me a new VMB4500 Pro Base Station, and so far so good. Appreciate the help.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@cas42021 Thank you for the update, please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be here to help out. 

SamDoorbar
Initiate
Initiate

So that is why we can nolonger connect our base station to the Secure App. Its been weeks now since our camera have not been working. Time to cancel the subscription and get a new system.

SamDoorbar
Initiate
Initiate

Its not acceptable at all. We will need to be credited for the loss.

cas42021
Guide
Guide

Contact them via a support request. The camera's are going EOL soon, but the base station is not. If they did something to break this, they need to resolve it. Unacceptable to go weeks without security cameras.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @SamDoorbar 

Can you provide more detail regarding the symptoms you are experiencing?

Thanks

BELGIUM
Tutor
Tutor

Hey, My ARLO Pro2 has been out of order for 2 weeks and cannot be started.
Base VMB4000 (after removal & reset) is no longer recognized.
The ARLO support states:
"We are currently working to resolve an issue that prevents Pro and Pro 2 cameras from recording to a Smart Hub or Base Station. Please try removing, resetting, and reinstalling your Base Station or Smart Hub and cameras."
But ARLO.com makes it clear that some models will be "end of life". A real shame or a commercial move to force the user to subscribe.....Who knows the solution. PLEASE

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BELGIUM wrote:

But ARLO.com makes it clear that some models will be "end of life". A real shame or a commercial move to force the user to subscribe.....Who knows the solution. PLEASE

End-of-life cameras still function, and the 7-day free cloud storage is still provided for them.  Arlo isn't committing to providing any support, and posts from Arlo here suggest they do not intend to intentionally disable the cameras.

@BELGIUM wrote:

"We are currently working to resolve an issue that prevents Pro and Pro 2 cameras from recording to a Smart Hub or Base Station. Please try removing, resetting, and reinstalling your Base Station or Smart Hub and cameras."
Who knows the solution. PLEASE

This is the solution (really a workaround).

The mods also have been able to resolve this for some users remotely, so I am tagging @BrookeN , @ShayneS and @JamesC to call their attention to your issue.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@BELGIUM I have used our back-end tools to sync the account. Please allow 24 hours to see the change. Tomorrow log out and log back into the account and see if the behavior is resolved. 

BELGIUM
Tutor
Tutor

This morning I tryed again to log in on the App. Without succes.

My system no longer boots. I removed my base device VMB4000 (days ago) because afterwards the procedure had to start up. This is no longer possible: Arlo Web Portal SMart Home reports that it does not recognize my device - a push notification to verify the base does not help. I can't log in and the base can't be found to use.
At my other location (base was not removed), my ARLO system works again after an update.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BELGIUM wrote:

This morning I tryed again to log in on the App. Without succes.

My system no longer boots. I removed my base device VMB4000 (days ago) because afterwards the procedure had to start up. This is no longer possible: Arlo Web Portal SMart Home reports that it does not recognize my device - a push notification to verify the base does not help. I can't log in and the base can't be found to use.
At my other location (base was not removed), my ARLO system works again after an update.

I replied to your other post.

Once again, please stay on one discussion thread.  Posting the same problem on multiple threads creates confusion, it does nothing to help resolve your issue.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation