Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

When opening the app and I go to the mode tab the devices take a very long time to update.  I have multiple base stations across several properties and a couple of them show their status right away and others sit on "getting information" for as long as 5 minutes (I've timed it, not exaggerating).   What's going on?  Seems with every ios app update things get worse not better.  So frustrating.  I've had these cameras now for almost 4 years and the system is yet to function as designed.  Geez.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue with the Mode tab & the status stuck on Getting information for excessive time should now be resolved. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile App 2.20 installed. You can find more information regarding this update here: Arlo iOS App - 2.20 - 15th September 2020

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52
Dannybear
Master
Master
I have observed an increase in login to status update time of the new App although it is only an extra 10 sec since I have one system.
The update details refer to improvement of login time but while some features are quicker to access the mode status takes much longer to show up.

azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yup exactly my problem but takes much much longer to get status of all base stations which used to take a couple of seconds now can sometimes be measured in minutes. Your post confirms it’s not my system rather it’s either the app or the Arlo servers at fault
Dannybear
Master
Master
I observed the longer delay after installing the App update so unlikely to be the servers.
I sometimes see that the status display does not change until I scroll the screen but only rarely.
Previously it would take 15sec to give me access to the cameras for live viewing and now it only takes 5sec.
Why getting the base status now takes 10sec longer again I cannot understand.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue with the Mode status stuck on "Getting information". We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
I am having the same issue, but noticed another since the latest app update.

My arlo video doorbell doesn’t allow live view since the update. Everything else works fine, and it records motion and everything, but the live view just keeps saying “connecting” and never connects. All my other cameras still work with live view, it is isolated to the video doorbell as far as I can tell.

@ShayneS
ArloUser88
Tutor
Tutor

Ditto, Since the last app update.

Mode - Takes forever to load or when changing the mode it doesn't stick

The app takes ~30 Seconds to load arlo system status now, before it was a few seconds.

ChowHound
Tutor
Tutor

Apparently they've updated the software on "my.arlo.com" which did not improve things.  I've been accessing it through Chrome on a desktop PC for 3 years now.  It seems they recently updated things so some buttons are moved, added, changed. 

When I click on MODE, then click the right arrow to pull down the menu under ARMED, it shows my 3 cameras and says "If motion on Camera 1" and I click EDIT.  The next screen shows if "Motion is Detected" but everything is disabled on that screen.  I cannot uncheck either Motion is Detected nor Audio is Detected.  I cannot get the Right Arrows to pull down any sub menus.  "How would you like to be notified" is completely blank.  And the two bottom buttons are blank and don't work (I think they were Save and Cancel maybe).  So basically I cannot modify any of the actions anymore.  Do you not have a team that checks the software before you release updates to the public?!

MarionBell
Tutor
Tutor

Hello I am having the same problem. I can activate and see my devices from my desktop but on the phone app they will not load. It just says "Getting status"
Apple iPhone 8
iOS 13.6
Arlo app version 2.19
Occurs on both cellular and WiFi
I have also deleted the app, reinstalled, rebooted the Apple device, rebooted the base station, reset the home WiFi - nothing works. 

Hubzz
Aspirant
Aspirant

We all have the same issues, every updates are problem for everyone... Let's move to Eufy eufyCam.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@ChowHound  Have you tried on another browser? I use edge and all works as before.  If you are using a custom mode try armed to see if it will work. 

ChowHound
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I have tried with the latest versions of both Chrome and Firefox.  Both have identical results.  I'm not going to switch to a new browser because Arlo screwed up things with another update. I shouldn't have to switch either as I've been using both of these browsers for years with Arlo and no issues. 

simspos
Guide
Guide

VMB3000 base, 3 x VMC3030 Cameras, Arlo Smart

iPhone 5 SE, IOS 13.6.1

Like the original poster, since the recent update I am seeing an increased delay of approx 20 seconds before "Getting information" is populated with actual system status

On another Android phone on the same wireless network the delay is only 5 seconds and perfectly acceptable

Have tried the uninstall / re-install to no avail

Any insight appreciated

Sim

azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice
There have been two updates to the Arlo app since this was reported and nothing has changed. What bugs are are you fixing. Please fix the ones that your customers are telling you about please. Today it took 1 minute and 15 seconds before the mode tab was completely up to date just sits there on getting Information
simul1
Tutor
Tutor
Exactly the same issue here. Since 2.19 update, “modes” tab takes an infinite time to load and order of different devices is scrambled (base station and GO cams). In addition, devices are often “offline” in the app, while they are usable in the web GUI. Upgrade to 2.19.2 did not solve the issue.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

Does this issue still occur on the latest version of the Arlo mobile app 2.19.2? Can you update & test again.

azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes several people have already indicated that the latest version does nothing to improve this.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@azarloGuy

The latest version 2.19.2 was released last night, thanks for verifying. I will continue to look in to these reports and provide and update as soon as possible. 

simspos
Guide
Guide

iPhone 5 SE, IOS 13.6.1

Arlo app update from 2.19.1 (992) to 2.19.2 (993) has made no difference for me.

Time to clear the "Getting information" message approx 25 seconds vs 5 seconds on Android (same wlan)

simul1
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, I had just updated to 2.19.2. This version did NOT solve the issue.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue with the modes tab reporting getting status for an extended period of time. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

simul1
Tutor
Tutor
One additional comment: in my setup, it looks like base station is updating status faster, while Arlo GO devices take forever.
Mdterps
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same for me, my base stations are updating faster, however, my Arlo Go and also my security light bridges are taking much longer to update from the getting information status.
MarionBell
Tutor
Tutor

Still no answers Arlo???

I have no security??

Just stuck on "Getting Status" still!

Arlo app update from 2.19.1 (992) to 2.19.2 (993) has made no difference for me also.

simspos
Guide
Guide

iPhone 5 SE, IOS 13.6.1

Not happy, over two weeks and not a hint of any progress, truly shocking.

It was working fine, then it got broken by an upgrade, how f*****g hard can it be to compare the versions and fix this stupid error

Discussion stats