Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
daytonaviolet
Guide
Guide

I just installed Arlo v2.7.0 on my iphone XS Max runing ios12.  The moment i click on a camera and view it live the entire phone FREEZES?  One would think that Arlo verified this revision before releasing it on the Apple App Store.

When can we expect an update version?

41 REPLIES 41
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

If you are on iOS, the only path back to the old version is to erase your device and restore from a backup that was taken prior to the update.

paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
Is anyone using Arlo App 2.5.5 with Apple IOS 12.1.2? Have not upgraded my Apple 6S or the Arlo App due to all of the bug issues. Need to update to 12.1.2 but concerned I will have Arlo issues.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero
I’m using V2.5.5 on 12.1.1 on an iPad.
BillRin
Tutor
Tutor

I am using Arlo app 2.7 on iPhone 6 with iOS 12.1.2 (which is current version) and system is working fine. Unfortunately my IPAD air 2  has a 45 second freeze and preview view are blacked out. 

daytonaviolet
Guide
Guide

where are you getting the older version?

daytonaviolet
Guide
Guide

Can you just post the version of Arlo before 2.7?  Until you find a fix and release 2.71, at least give us the previous versioni so we can unfreeze our systems.

paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
I stopped auto upgrade following multiple, buggy app launches. 2.5.5 is the last version in my mind that had good functionality and limited bugs. Have been following upgrades on a separate iPad hoping that they get their act together. Unfortunately their continued push to drive new content since planning and now being a public company has totally outstripped their capability to release good updates. Based on what I see with 2.7, they continue to release buggy updates. Here's to hoping they eventually get it right.
paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
Straight forward request but will never happen. Version 2.7 has all their new hardware integrated. Suggest you turn off your auto update and don't update until they get around to fixing what they break ... a very consistent pattern of breaking the fixing seen for at least the last 15 months.
tone_trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have resolved the issue by upgrading iOS to 12.1.2.

All working fine now and no hanging!

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@tone_trainer wrote:

I have resolved the issue by upgrading iOS to 12.1.2.

All working fine now and no hanging!

That is only available for iPhones.  12.1.1 is the latest version of iOS for iPads.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@daytonaviolet wrote:

where are you getting the older version?

There are many posts back in late October on this topic.  I had a backup of my iPad from prior to the release of V2.6.0, so I erased my iPad, restored it from that September backup, immediately turned off automatic app updates and downloads and then manually updated over 60 other applications so I could get V2.5.5 back.  Since then I have manually updated every other app, but kept Arlo at V2.5.5 on that iPad.  It wasn’t easy.  If you know you have a backup from a few weeks ago when V2.6.3 was available.  That was not a bad version compared to V2.6.0, V2.6.1, V2.6.2 and V2.7.0.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@daytonaviolet wrote:

Can you just post the version of Arlo before 2.7?  Until you find a fix and release 2.71, at least give us the previous versioni so we can unfreeze our systems.

We asked for the same thing back in October and could not get it.  We had to wait a month for the updates that fixed the most debilitating problems.

daytonaviolet
Guide
Guide

thanks ancientgreek.

i was afraid to try this as it may have made the arlo 2.7 even worse.  but i just updated my ios firmware from 12.1 to 12.12.  This seems to be working fine with arlo 2.7.  i no longer get any freezing in Live mode.

MarineCharlie
Tutor
Tutor

My iPad now works fine!

vpasq
Apprentice
Apprentice

Definitely not working here and hasn’t been since last update. Tried reinstall no luck. Notified Arlo more than a week ago, still no fix or any answer.  Rey frustrated as I am sure are many, especially those like me who have paid for this feature and are not getting it.  

Tiko433
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue. It has worked good for a year . Now I can’t view live but you can hear the audio. If Arlo can’t fix this I will be moving on ....... very unhappy
Tiko433
Tutor
Tutor
At this point the app when I open and try to look a live camera. I still only hear sound no live video and most of the time it locks my phone up and I can’t even close the app or even turn my phone off At this point it’s compl useless. When I have time I will contact tech support.
Discussion stats