Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nem
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dec 23rd my Arlo Cameras all reported offline but they are still recording videos.  I have tried accessing via the App and the Website.  I can view the recorded videos with both the web site and app but I can't open the live view. I have cleared all data in the Arlo App and still having the same issue.  I have synced one of the camera's back to the base station but still no good.   I delete one camera and tried to add it back but the sync completes but the camera never shows up in the app or my arlo portal.

I have rebooted everything base station, camera and router.  

All I get on the web interface and my app are 

Your Arlo device appears offline
Please make sure it’s powered on and connected to the Internet.

9 REPLIES 9
Nem
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I switched browsers just to rule out it being that issue and still same issue. Initially I get the view live recording option then it switches over to cameras offline message.

I went to go into my previous recordings and I had a popup that is new.

==================================

Cloud storage keeps all your clips secure.

Activate Arlo Secure subscription today and watch motion video clips anytime anywhere at your fingertips.

==================================

I was under the impression that the 7 days of free Cloud storage was still available for the Pro 2 cameras.  Did something get changed recently?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro 2 and older cameras still have the free 7 day plan. The pop-up ad may just be a way to get you to subscribe to a plan - hopefully it will go away on its own.

For the offline issue, you say the removed camera never shows up when syncing again. I assume the offline message is for the remaining camera(s)? In Settings, My Devices, is the base noted as offline? It may be fastest to remove all devices and start fresh.

Nem
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I checked my wife's phone last night and she uses the same login but is able to get a live view of 4 of the 5 current cameras. The 5th one just had a pinwheel of death. All the devices and websites show the base sitting at "Getting status... "

Attached is the screenshot of what I see from my phone but.
Screenshot_20211226-092850.png
Nem
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I just tried to add the camera with my app and I see to conflicting messages. Part of the message says they sound my base but then a pop-up message saying my base is offline. Is there a factory reset option for the base?
Screenshot_20211226-093115.png
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
Nem
Aspirant
Aspirant
So looks like I might be having an issue with my isp blocking traffic. Seems one of my streaming apps sling tv is also having issues viewing shows. I have removed my router out of the loop and still having an issue. Do we know what ports are needed for the Cameras live streams to work.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nem wrote:
So looks like I might be having an issue with my isp blocking traffic.

Does it work ok from your phone - using your mobile data, not wifi?

Nem
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm unable to access the live feed from either the LTE or local wifi. I'm wondering if my ISP is blocking the outbound live feed. So my other issue is similar with my sling tv I have it on my three different Roku devices and none of them can play when connected to my ISP. But if I connect the Roku thought my cell hotapot it works just fine. It's only off my ISP it won't
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Ports needed by the base are 80 (http), 443 (https), and 123 (NTP time sync).  80 and 443 won't be blocked (you wouldn't be able to browse if they were).  I guess 123 could be, and I don't know how the base would respond if it was.  It would be unusual though.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation