Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Debzee
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, all. 
    (I cannot reach tech support via phone) 
So, ironically, just after I placed a couple of DC power cords in my shopping cart (because I'm tired of charging and swapping batteries so often), I went to change the batteries in my two cameras and just happened to notice this...  Both ribbon cables are completely snapped, so power cords aren't going to do me a bit of good.  I've had these for about 1.5 years, and I don't know how long warranty is.  In the meantime, have any of you had this same problem and been able to process via their repair service or will they send cables for me to replace?   I was also considering purchase of a couple more cameras.  That's on hold now too, darnit. 

p.s. I've done nothing to abuse these cables. I'm guessing that not enough consideration was given to how often batteries would have be swapped and the proximity of the cable to the closure.  The strain relief at the connector end looks good, but, that ribbon is getting pinched every time the case is closed.

20200320_131444[1].jpg20200320_131506[1].jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Debzee
Tutor
Tutor

Hm. Now that I look at the pics closer, it IS the ribbon that's faulty (not its proximity to the case); the constant bending has made it break. Oh boy.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

sorry, 
To my knowledge, there are no parts from Arlo

Also warranty is a year

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Debzee
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for that information.
p.s. I hope everyone knows, I meant to say "AC" power cord in my original message, LOL. I'm a goof.  Peace.

Sesi2580
Aspirant
Aspirant
Were you able to find a replacement ribbon cable or resolve this issue? I am having the same issue, but of course the warranty time is past and I really do not have the funds to purchase a new camera. Thank you in advance!
BMarsh82
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue with 2 of my 4 cameras. I have had them for 1.5yr and outside of the warranty. I spoke with Arlo and got to a Manager and was basically told they do not have the ability to replace internal parts only external parts (battery/charging cable) but I could BUY another camera. 

I am looking for a replacement to change it out with. but so far I have not been able to find a replacement cable.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation