Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
PokeMyles
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve done the token reset and still my Arlo Cameras show “no response” on my Apple TV. Sometimes they work for a day then they stop working for weeks. I can view them in the app no problem but I need these to show on my Apple TV 24/7. It’s been 2 weeks since it’s worked.
24 REPLIES 24
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

PokeMyles
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve done the token reset which didn’t work. I’ve also unpaired them multiple times from apple kit and reconnected and still nothing. I don’t understand why I can’t watch my cameras from Apple TV. I even went out and bought a brand new Apple TV. Still nothing.
Thank you for your time.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have one as well, let me check mine and I'll get back to you with further TS steps.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I was able to view my cameras. Do you have the latest version of TV OS 15.6 installed? Can you view the cameras from Homekit on your IPhone? 

Do you have the desired cameras set to ON in the Homekit settings on your Apple TV Box? To do this navigate to Settings > Airplay & HomeKit > Cameras & Doorbells > Select the desired camera and turn "Show on this Apple TV" ON.

You can also try restarting the Apple TV box by navigating to Settings > System > Restart.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Also I see Amazon has pretty good discount on the Apple TV 4K atm. Just FYI : )

PokeMyles
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have done all of that and it still doesn’t work. If you look at my reply it says I already bought a brand new Apple TV. Am I the only one having this problem or something? I don’t get why it doesn’t work and you guys can’t figure it out….

PokeMyles
Aspirant
Aspirant

and yes I can view the cameras on my phone no problem. But I need to be able to see them on my Apple TV. My phone is pointless. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I am not experiencing this issue with my Apple TV 4K. Can you update to the latest version tv OS 16 and try again? 

What is the error message you receive? Are the cameras appearing at all within the Homekit camera grid? Are they alerting?  can you stream them form the App TV then they stop? 

I'm trying to understand this statement: "I’ve done the token reset and still my Arlo Cameras show “no response” on my Apple TV. Sometimes they work for a day then they stop working for weeks"

Is this all within the Apple TV or within Homekit on your phone? 

simonrj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here 

no Arlo cams availability on Apple TV , works fine on iPhone . 

new 2022 Apple TV 4K

old 2020 Apple TV 4K 

ios 16.1 all updated 

1PharrLady
Aspirant
Aspirant

I understand your frustration because I am also experiencing the same problems.  I don’t think anyone realizes how time consuming it is to have to try and figure out how to keep this system running.  It would be nice for Arlo or Apple to admit that it’s a reported issue that they or trying to figure out, instead of having us waste so much time troubleshooting.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

simonrj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi ,

I had to remove both my Arlo hubs from HomeKit because of connection trouble with my cams  , I think only solution is to get new reset HomeKit token for both my hubs so I can ad them again 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @simonrj

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

Cwojtysiak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hopefully you have been able to resolve this issue. I had this start six days ago. I was hoping it would resolve itself. I finally did resolve it for myself by doing the following:

• Settings
  • Airplay and homekit
  • cameras and doorbells
  • turned off the cameras
  • went to system in the settings menu
  • restarted
  • went back and turned the cameras back on

after doing that I checked the cameras and they started to come back on. 

cellar8
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having issue with no response in HomeKit. Could I get a token reset to see if that works? Don’t know what to do after that so let me know the steps after this.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@cellar8 

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

aksuavecito
Aspirant
Aspirant

Followed these steps and it worked for me as well.. After a month, it was something this simple.. Thanks @Cwojtysiak 

Hotkey
Aspirant
Aspirant

It happened to me (again).  It appears every time you get a new device, this might happen.  It probably has something to do with the security certificates.  This is what I did.

Setttings>Privacy & Security>Homekit

There you should fine a listing of all the apps that have requested access to HomeKit.  Slide the bar left (off) and back to on (right - green).  Then go back into HomeKit and check your device(s)

It appears that when you originally authorized the app to HomeKit it generated a certificate (for security purposes).  The sliding of this bar off and no seems to regenerate the certificate.

I hope this helps.

GZEL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue. Can you please reset HomeKit token

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

Aaron323
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, is it possible to get a token reset for me as well?

my cameras are not responding in apple home. It’s been a couple days now. 

Thanks. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

edacame
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same problem. Camera not responding in HomeKit. May I also get a reset token, please?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation