Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App permissions

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Notagoodsign
Follower
Follower

Why does my webcam need access to my contact list (among other invasive permission requirements for the app)?  Can you please provide a list of explanations for why each permission is required and how NetGear used and secured any data gleaned from those permissions?I

For that matter, please also explain why I can't access the cameras I paid nearly $1,000 for, when I log into the website (and why I have to re-login every time I click an option on the website)?

I searched for earlier threads on this topic and came across one from last year where the person provided a list of the permissions that were concerning them, but the only response was to ask them which permissions were "weirding them out", when it was plainly stated in the question.

Just a side note, it's never a good sign when the user names 'Disgruntled' and 'Annoyed' are already taken.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Contacts are needed for e911. The permissions aren't there just for giggles - if you want the full range of capabilities, you need to be able to set them.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Contacts are needed for e911. The permissions aren't there just for giggles - if you want the full range of capabilities, you need to be able to set them.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation