Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App freezes in live view after using speaker

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Corn6
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, I am a new arlo pro 2 wirefree 2 camera user here so bear with me.

Iphone 8 updated

Arlo app updated with latest version, uploaded around christmas.

Question:

When viewing in live camera mode, full screen, and I hold the speaker button to talk, the screen stays in the live viewing mode, but I can't seem to go back to the main home page within the app. Its like the app is frozen in that live full screen. When I press my iphone home button to move on to something else, it is still running in the background, sound and all. There isn't an x on the live screen to close it out, only the 'alarm' bar at top.

Any idea how to get back to the main part of the app, or close it out?

Thanks,

Corn6

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Test it out on a computer ,  https://arlo.netgear.com/  , with a browser like Fire fox or Chrome

This will help you see if it's the app/phone or the system

* ios has been a bit wacky lately with the lastest version

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Corn6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. Tried that and arlo said make sure chrome or firefox browser is updated. Did update the chrome, however it doesn't allow me via laptop on chrome browser to use the mic. No big deal there, but most likely if that live speaker feature is used it would be through my iphone. Doesn't work there and freezes the app after using the speaker function.

Another question though, as it seems you are one to answer a lot of users questions,

How do I turn off the email notifications while retaining the push notices? It's kinda driving us crazy with all of the constant emails of motion detection. I've searched with no luck through the forum as well, at least any reply that isn't very recent.

My arlo pro 2 app on phone and home page online computer, don't let me edit anything of the cameras except the re naming of it. No email access settings, no phone # settings, etc. Seems pretty much basic controls there for me.

Thanks! 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation