Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
bird2bird
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did a factory reset on my Arlo Pro 2 base station. and now the Arlo app won’t find the base station and cameras when trying to add items in Arlo app. Tried reset ones again but with the same result. Nothing wrong with Wi-Fi. 

Anyone with similar experience and have a fix? 

Haven’t got subscription so all I get is Arlo chatbot. 

Arlo Pro 2 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

See attached below for factory resetting the base in case you have not read it.

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station 

It is a bit out of order which is why you probably missed the remove device recommendation.

Have you tried using a web browser on a pc to login to the arlo website login page to add the devices again as new? The pc needs to be connected to the local router that the base is connected to.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I am almost having the same issue. I am able to have the base station online but my pro 2 cameras are not connecting to the base station since this new update happened. Looks like they are doing what they did to old Apple iPhones and are fading the Arlo pro cameras and base stations out so you have to buy the newer products they have. If there isn't a solution to this I will never buy anything from this company and make sure everybody I know doesn't either. I bought so many accessories and cameras only for them to all go in the garbage!

bird2bird
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.

I’m will also find another brand! 

Arlo announce that they will stop support for Arlo Pro 2 in January 2025. But the support has been low from the start. I always felt like the Pro 2 was released and instantly was placed in the trash by Arlo. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@bird2bird 

What LEDs are showing on your base station?

Had you removed the base station from your account before the factory reset?

When you performed the factory reset using the paper clip, had you held it until the base LEDs began to flash?

For a successful factory reset the base should show a steady amber camera led with power and internet leds showing green. (VMB4000)

The pro2 Cameras should still be operational post the 2025 EOL date, note the earlier legacy cameras have already passed their EOL date and still operating.

My opinion is the pro2 are the work horse of the arlo brand which is why arlo quickly dropped them so they could start charging subscriptions on the ultra and subsequent cameras onwards.

Nothing beats the free 7days cloud storage which makes the pro2 very popular so you can be mistaken to think that arlo is dropping support by rolling out buggy firmware updates before the EOL date.

bird2bird
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did a factory reset and got a notification in the app saying a factory reset was done. Didn’t delete any units from the app before but after reset all units are gone and the app will not find base or cameras. 

Tried reset a couple more times. Same result. The led is solid blue as if it ok. Hold reset button until led flashing orange… 

Pro 2 might be the Arlo workhorse but when you can’t get in touch whit Arlo for support etc unless you pay for subscription? Just bought your base kit, Arlo Pro 2 the latest product line at that time and want to buy more cameras, out of production etc. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

See attached below for factory resetting the base in case you have not read it.

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station 

It is a bit out of order which is why you probably missed the remove device recommendation.

Have you tried using a web browser on a pc to login to the arlo website login page to add the devices again as new? The pc needs to be connected to the local router that the base is connected to.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master
bird2bird
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the replies. 

My LED seems be flashing blue/orange and then just orange for a while, then solid blue. 

I’ll will try to add base etc from PC. 

bird2bird
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now it’s running again! The PC found the base right away and then updated the firmware and adding base etc was no problem. Adding units in the app is also working now. 

”Time warp. Lost 20 years in 20 seconds” (thanks to the app 😉 )

bird2bird
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for your time and support. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bird2bird wrote:

I always felt like the Pro 2 was released and instantly was placed in the trash by Arlo. 

FWIW, Arlo launched it in Nov 2017, so ~7 years between launch and the EoL date.  There were quite a few firmware updates over that period (though I agree there haven't been any recent ones).

Unfortunately there are some ongoing issues with each of the Arlo camera models.  I think there are actually fewer issues with the Pro 2 than there are with many of the other models. 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation