Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
k143clen
Follower
Follower

Anyone notice that the new app doesn’t seem to have the same functionality as the one being discontinued?

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi k143clen,

Could you clarify which problems you're having with the new Arlo app compared to the Arlo Legacy app?

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

For me,  when watching back recorded video, it will sometimes freeze up or skip ahead, or run like a fast forward mode.

Not sure if this is a problem with the app or the recording portion of it. I'm not sure when it actually started. ( a month or so?)

What is causing this?

Is there a solution?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@billkex wrote:

I'm not sure when it actually started. ( a month or so?)

If it's a month ago, then it predates the new app.

@billkex wrote:

For me,  when watching back recorded video, it will sometimes freeze up or skip ahead, or run like a fast forward mode.

What is causing this?

The most likely cause is that there is loss in the recording - which causes the player to mis-behave due to the errors in the video stream.

Are you seeing lost or dropped connections when you live stream?

LA213
Initiate
Initiate
I'm having same issue.
Just downloaded new version on 9-16. Recorded Video takes a bit longer to buffer and then it freezes. Had no issues before the update.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi LA213,

What phone device are you using? And what app version are you using?

Are you experiencing this issue through the web client on your computer?

LA213
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo app 2.8 and using Android phone. Phone updated prior to the arlo download. Once buffering stops it plays recorded video and then if I press play again it freezes video. Had no issues with the app prior to the update.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We recently released a new Arlo app update, which is version 2.8.1, for Android. Try updating the Arlo app and see if that helps. You can read more about the newer version here: Arlo Android App - 2.8.1 - 16th September 2019

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation