Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Anyone found a supplier for replacement Arlo Pro 2 charging port? Both are severely degraded.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Claymsmith
Tutor
Tutor

I've seen several questions about this, but has anyone found a supplier for replacement charging ports?  Both of my outdoor cameras are on CVR mode and have pretty severe degradation of their charging ports.  It seems they are easily swapped out if the part is available.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You'd have to buy another camera to strip parts out of. If still in warranty, contact support using the link at the bottom here. Never wait to enter a claim since your warranty can run out in the meantime.

shinken
Aspirant
Aspirant
So is there a way to buy a replacement charging port from somewhere or is buying another camera to strip down the only option for out of warranty cameras?
To replace the port it only takes a thin long T5 screwdriver to remove the 4 screws holding the front cover then remove the 2 small Philips head screws holding the charge port. A real quick and simple job if the ports are available to buy.
Claymsmith
Tutor
Tutor

I was able to rig the port from another broken USB device, but it was a bit of effort and a soldering iron.  Sadly there seems to be no official way of repairing them.

shinken
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's pretty impressive, do not think I have the steady hands for such a job  🙂

Real shame you can't get a replacement USB port or get it repaired by Arlo. There is clearly not enough waterproofing of the port, devices like Samsung Galaxy phones have water resistant ports without the need of a flimsy cover.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation