Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DavidonLanny
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have installed (six months ago) two solar panels that face, more or less, the same direction. Both worked fine all summer and fall. Now it is winter and cold, and the sun is lower in the sky. One of the panels continues to work fine, but the other appears to be no longer charging. I have removed the camera and am charging it manually. But was wondering if there is a way to test if the solar panel is working. Perhaps, for example, holding a light bulb in front of it and see if the camera registers a charge? 

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have a voltmeter, using small leads , you can read the voltage output at the end of the cable... should be just under 6v dc

OR

plugged into camera, with a strong light you may see the battery icon change to "lighting bolt" inside of same.

Either way, just remember that the solar panel WILL NOT charge if the camera is below freezing as damage to battery can happen.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
DavidonLanny
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two solar panels, and switched them, and the difficulty stayed with the camera and cable. I have been to charge the camera via AC charger. So suspecting cable. You wrote "you can read the voltage output at the end of the cable" . I am not sure how to do that measurement - which pins?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi DavidonLanny,

If you're still having problems with your Solar Panel, contact the Support Team so they can further assist you. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation