Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Annoying notifications

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Psilvin
Follower
Follower
I have the app version 2.9.2_26040 and a smart premier account.

Totally 4 arlo pro2 cameras connected with a base and a bridge.

I cant find any options within the app or at the webpage to activate scheduleing or geofencing or anything that stops the cameras to notificate me 100 times when my kids are running in the yard when at home.

Currently the only solution and option i have is to stop each camera separately, and then start them again. Which is superannoying.

So is there any way to fix this?

I have read about modes and rules but my app doesnt have those options.

Right now I see only the option to sell the cameras and buy something else.
2 REPLIES 2
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Psilvin wrote:

I cant find any options within the app or at the webpage to activate scheduleing or geofencing or anything that stops the cameras to notificate me 100 times when my kids are running in the yard when at home.

For geofencing to work you have to use a mobile device. The "webpage" cannot do it.

If you know when the kids are at home, and which cameras see them, then create a mode (Kids at home?) with rules that do not trigger recordings or alerts on the cameras when they are there. Then set up a schedule that activates that mode when they are having fun.

There are many ways of achieving what you want. Unfortunately, it may take a bit of reading and experimenting to get it right.

What are modes and rules and how does Arlo use them?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Psilvin

Along with what michaelkenward mentioned, you may find this new feature helpful with muting notifications. I have attached the article here. What is the Mute Notifications feature and how do I use it?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation