Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All cameras can only detect 5-6 feet even on maximum sensitivity. Siren cannot be set.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
hdee
Follower
Follower

All Arlo Pro 2 owners please check your camera motion detection WHEN ON BATTERY, this might also affect other Arlo models.

After the latest firmware update from Base Station (1.16.2.4_3505_xxxxxxx), all cameras can only detect 5-6 feet even though the settings are at maximum sensitivity. Using the "Device Utilities - Motion Detection Test" it will just detect motion in 5-6 feet when on battery.

Because of this, you will notice that your camera is not working as expected, most motion is missed. No recording and notification also due to this PROBLEM (good job Arlo).

Update on the Arlo App, they remove the editing of Siren, you can't set how long the siren will be activate/on.

THANK YOU ARLO, YOU'VE THAN IT AGAIN.

Arlo owners, please check Eufy, they provide better product and SUPPORT.

1 REPLY 1
Epson
Tutor
Tutor

I have the Arlo Pro, and I'm also having issues after the latest firmware update.  What's strange is  - according to the Arlo Firmware message board, the latest Firmware update for the VMB4000 was to release  1.16.2.4_3503_f4757f1 on July 5th.    Yet, our base stations are on "5",   "1.16.2.4_3505".   I've asked Arlo this question twice, but now reply yet.  Arlo do not appear to do proper quality control of their Firmware.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation