Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Hlhurwitt
Aspirant
Aspirant

All of my Pro 2 cameras (5 of them) will not turn on at all.  They were in use a few months ago and then we had to take them down for some work on our farm and when I went to reinstate them, none would show signs of charging, turning on, or any signs of life.  The base seems to be working fine.  I have held down the sync button for 2 seconds, 15 seconds, 45 seconds, and over a minute and still no signs of life.  I have removed the batteries and put them back in and so forth.  It seems impossible for all of them to go dead all at once.  What do I need to do?  My subscription is running but I have no cameras in use.

16 REPLIES 16
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

When you took the cameras down did you remove the camera batteries? If not they would have gone completely flat.

Have you tried charging the batteries, and will the cameras work if plugged into external power?

If the batteries are unable to be charged then look at the following article.

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do 

Hlhurwitt
Aspirant
Aspirant

No I did not remove all the batteries when we took them down but none of them will charge now.  I have tried what you sent in the article.  On another note, we moved in 2022 and took them all down then and did not remove the batteries and had no problems charging them and using them at that time.

Hlhurwitt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Another thing, I removed all of the cameras from the app when I tried to do a full reset of the system so I can't see their status anymore on the app or online.  😞

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

For starters what are the Base station LEDs showing?

To manually sync the cameras you need to press the base top button for two seconds to place it into syncing mode first then press the camera sync button for same.

If the base station is online in the app you should be able to also import the camera if externally powered at least.

Some users here have persisted with article process a number of times to eventually recover dead batteries, sometimes up to ten times if completely dead for months.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Since you have moved is it possible that you have lost the arlo Ac adapter and are trying to use a standard 5v USB adapter as the charger?

The charger is a special QC unit for the pro2 since the batteries are 7.2v so a 5v will not charge the batteries.

Hlhurwitt
Aspirant
Aspirant

The base station is showing the first two lights on with the middle light (the second one out of 3) blinking sometimes.  

I have tried to press the base top button and then the cameras but have had no luck getting the cameras to "wake up."  I can't use the app for the cameras because they won't turn on so they can't be discovered.

I will try the article process multiple times with one of the cameras and see if I can have any luck.  I'll let you know if I have any success.

Thanks!  

Hlhurwitt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good thinking but no.  Everything shipped together in the same box so it all came out together and they all charged with that charger when I first set them all up late last year.  I'm kind of wondering if the charger might be bad though.  Maybe I should order another one?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The QC charger should be able to power the camera without a battery inserted so you can confirm the charger is working at least. 

The camera without batteries should also be able to run ok using a 5v adapter just won’t charge the battery so you can use it to prove a faulty charger.

Hlhurwitt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally saw the first signs of life in the camera I tried with the info you sent.  There were some blue and red lights that came on very briefly when I plugged in the charger to the camera without the battery inside.  Once I put the battery in the camera, there were no signs of life again.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

We’re you able to add the camera to your account just using the charger only, no battery installed?

You should use a pc web browser connected to the router modem network Ethernet and login to my.arlo.com to add if the mobile app doesn’t work.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hlhurwitt wrote:

The base station is showing the first two lights on with the middle light (the second one out of 3) blinking sometimes. 

That means the base hasn't been claimed due to either having removed it from your account or holding the reset button. Does the base show in your account? You may need to remove it and start fresh.

The camera batteries are a different issue and you're working through that with @DannyBearAgain 

Hlhurwitt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think the base station is showing in my app.  It's saying it's disarmed on the app so I am assuming the system is "seeing" it.  Please let me know if you think I'm wrong.  I did have to delete it (along with everything else) and am trying to restart everything back up but that's not proving easy.

Hlhurwitt
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, still no luck seeing any of the cameras.  I've tried on the app as well as on the computer although I am going to try again from my computer since you said that's the only way to get it going at this point.  Maybe the camera is feeling more inclined to work now.  LOL!

Hlhurwitt
Aspirant
Aspirant

By the way, do you know how to get in touch with the Arlo support team to find out if the EOL deal would apply to me?  Is it through this platform?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Let's punt. Make sure all devices in Settings, My Devices have been removed. Then hold the base reset button until the LEDs flash amber (that's the correct way to factory reset the base). Use the app or web client to claim the base again. WHen that's done, you can follow the app to onboard the cameras or simply briefly press the base sync button (don't hold it) and then a camera's button. This, of course means the camera batteries are charged following @DannyBearAgain 's link to restore a dead battery or by using the wall charger to power the cameras. When any power is applied, the cameras should have a brief blue blink to indicate that the camera is actually powered.

As for access to support you can purchase a single camera plan and use Settings, Support, choose your camera model and check the options listed for contact. A plan is required to talk to support. When done, cancel the sub. Note that you paid for a full month so the sub will stay in effect until the end of the period. I'm also tagging the mods, @JamesC and @ShayneS since they may be able to help with your request.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hlhurwitt,

You can provide your email in the field here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/eol-offer-form.html

If you are eligible for the EOL discount, you will receive an email containing the details.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation