Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice

Regarding the new live feed under the latest App update: the alarm banner partially blocks of the view.

I understand why it put there, to easily access the alarm, but I don't think it's a good idea.

100 REPLIES 100
jc39
Guide
Guide
Yes sure have and it drives me crazy. Please FIX AGAIN. . Amazing how sloppy the techs are in their updates. Seems like they get paid on number of updates vs the quality output. Shame quality control
Is so poor for such a nice product.
Chevyboy67
Tutor
Tutor
Why do we need such a huge banner that says alarm on full view there is plenty of space at the bottom of the page Please Arlo you are getting sloppy on software updates and I don’t think that many people use this feature at all any how At least I don’t Please r who’ve it and put it down low it block way to much view
JacksonGuy
Guide
Guide

As a side note, after I purchased my Pro 2 system, I registered and used the first name of Arlo in place of my true first name. Then immediately the next day I started receiving and have not stopped receiving all sort of SPAM EMAILS beginning with “Dear Mr. Arlo XXXXX.”   So it seems my registration information found its way into spammer universe. 

Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas how my registration information found its way outside of the company???

PS- ARLO PLEASE GET RID OF THE ALARM BAR BLOCKING THE SCREEN. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the "spam" emails? They may be as intended.

JacksonGuy
Guide
Guide

Nothing at all related to Arlo. It’s all sorts of garbage trying to sell me things and advertising products. Somehow it seems my Arlo registered email found its way into 3rd party use. Because many wete adressed “Dear Arlo..”

alisa119
Initiate
Initiate

Do you know if this update is still going to happen?  LIterally ruining the view of my backyard camera in the landscape view. 

Copterkamera
Star
Star
The alarm siren button blocks the camera view in live full size mode, will this be fixed so you can see the whole field of view??

And yes I have the latest firmware and app version. App on latest ios software on a iPhoneX
yamapro
Initiate
Initiate

Do you not test these updates before release. How hard is it to remove alarm bar in live view?

Would like option to remove alarm buttons from app and disable alarm completely.

Igtjbbb
Initiate
Initiate

This is an annoying issue that persists since May 2018 so it has been more than 6 months and still Netgear has not done anything about it. Do they care about customer support at all?

Chevyboy67
Tutor
Tutor
Why is it that Arlo is not answering question that have been a huge problem for many users you guys will put yourselves out of business
Esn87
Initiate
Initiate
How do you remove the Alarm bar that blocks view of video and prevents ease to close window
Esn87
Initiate
Initiate
How do you remove the alarm function that blocks the top portion of the video while viewing.
3petes
Initiate
Initiate
How can we turn off the alarm banner in the arlo app? It blocks the view!!!
JacksonGuy
Guide
Guide

Get rid of the GIANT alarm bar on top of the live feed. Its terrible and blocks a large strip at the top of the screen. Wish I had listened to the negative reviews online about this system. 

alarm bar blocking the screen for an alarm I’ll never use. 

useless in rain since the cameras crap out

nightvision average at best. 

overpriced 

battery life is....mehhh

ARLO, WAKE UP. 

omvs
Aspirant
Aspirant
Firmware 1.092.0.19_26228
Maui77
Initiate
Initiate
How do I turn off the “ALARM” bar that obscures my vision of the camera view? Why is it so prominent covering the screen? Is there an option to make it small in a bottom corner or better yet off the camera view completely. Make it an icon below the screen. Please fix this. It bothers all users in the community. Thank you.
ChickenLongLox
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Pro 2

Whose idea was it to put an Alarm bar at the top of the live feed? It looks ridiculous! and it hides part of the live feed. You should not be hiding any of the live feed. How are we supposed to see everything when something is blocking the view. Grrr! Why couldn't you just add it to the rest of the icons?

This image is from my iPhone X.

ArloPro2_Alarm.jpg

gschneider
Aspirant
Aspirant

PLEASE (please) REMOVE the Alarm Button from iOS Arlo camera view and replace with a button or icon at the bottom of the camera view (with the other icons). The Alarm button blocks out 15% or so of the upper portion of the camera view. I believe this "feature" was part of a recent app update. If you could remove (or relocate) it in the next update, that would be great!

Neildfulton
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do you remove the alarm button from the app camera view? I don’t want it taking up so much of the screen
BirdWatch20854
Initiate
Initiate

Agree completely.  Just got a new Arlo, and right after setup ,the view was great and there was no alarm bar at top of Live view screen.  Then I updated the firmware in base and camera and the enormous alarm bar appears in Live view and can't be removed.  It takes up a very large portion of the screen.   I suppose Arlo did this in reaction to previous comments by people who couldn't find the alarm. But this was an over-reaction.

Please Arlo, reduce the size of the Alarm bar and allow the user the option to move it to another part of the screen or to remove it from the Live view enitrely. Thanks!

sliller
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agree with all others on moving the Alarm bar somewhere other than blocking the live view, however here's an interesting note for the Arlo developers - I see the Alarm Bar during live feed on my iPhone 6, but my wife does not see it on her iPhone 10XS Max.  We are both running iOS 12.1.2     Not sure if that tells us anything at all...I know Arlo users having these same issues likely have a variety of phones (iPhone, Android, etc).  Just found that interesting.  Looking forward to a solution so we can all see our whole video picture during Live feed.

Ibcruzn
Guide
Guide

Well, full screen views still have that great big ALARM button on it as of this morning. Pretty frustrating for a lot of your iPhone users.

Maybe I didn't see the fix for this fairly ugly thing that blocks our views.

Please put it back as on option button on the bottom of the screen at your earliest convenience.

Lowcountry
Aspirant
Aspirant

The alarm bar in landscape mode on my I phone 6 takes up a lot of  space at the top of the screen.  How do I get it to go away?

Bigrig
Guide
Guide

Does anyone know if someone is going to have that alarm bar on the live screens removed????? The community has been requesting this bar to be removed for months!!!!!!

Jschlode
Guide
Guide
I’ve read all the posts and i see they are working on the bugs that this new app update changed. But please for the love of all that is holy get rid of that gray interface over the screen when you are viewing in landscape mode on iOS app. It drives me nuts!! Can’t see the top part of the screen!!