Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice

Regarding the new live feed under the latest App update: the alarm banner partially blocks of the view.

I understand why it put there, to easily access the alarm, but I don't think it's a good idea.

100 REPLIES 100
Heavnboun
Guide
Guide
Alarm strip disappears when you tap the screen ya. Thank you Arlo Tecks
Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
It also gets rid of everything else!!!!
Happypoms2
Star
Star

After re-reading my posts, I  am sorry that I wasn't clear.  I meant to say that since the update, none of the cameras can record, take pictures or have sound on "Live" only.  In fact, it doesn't even connect, but shows an older picture.  It does record on motion and/or sound like normal (which is not "Live;" it is a recording).   And these pictures are fine.  It just doesn't work at all on "Live" view.

Please help

trose348
Star
Star

Hi, 1 suggestion is:  Adobe Reader update...............I know that when it's NOT updated, Arlo doesn't seem to work right.

Happypoms2
Star
Star
Thank you for the suggestion. It is appreciated. Adobe reader was updated 3 days ago and there aren’t any further upgrades. Maybe a new one is in the works. Still can’t use “Live” feature like I could before the lousy upgrade. Arlo needs to get better software engineers.
Olive617
Tutor
Tutor

Has anyone else noticed the Alarm button is back on the top of the screen in landscape mode on the Iphone.  Is there a way to remove this?  It's a terrible location.  It's in the way of what I want to look at.  They removed it at one point, but now it's back.

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Please remove the extremely large alarm button in 2.6.2, when viewing in landscape full screen mode.
JacksonGuy
Guide
Guide

How can i remove the long gray color Alarm strip at the top of the screen that BLOCKS viewing in Live feed? It seems you brought that change back with an update as of november 22. Its awful. Blocks the screen and now i will need to lose a good viewing portion and reset my cameras if I cant remove it. This bar was not here as of several hours ago. 

Please remove it or allow us the option of removing it. 

Ironego1
Guide
Guide

The latest upgrade recreated a problem that had been previsouly fixed. When viewing in live mode via your iphone there is a black band that goes across the top of the screen that says "Alarm." This is not needed and it prevents you from viewing the entire viewing area of your camera. This needs to be fixed. 

Heavnboun
Guide
Guide
In May of this year the new update put the alarm bar on the live screen with everyone complaining they did another update and removed the bar, well with the latest update it’s back again . DONT like it as before can we get it off the screen it obscures my view Please take it back off
JacksonGuy
Guide
Guide
I called Tech Support. Told me it was a “network” issue and if i paid $99 they would remove it. I declined. Not a useful update obscuring the top of the screen.

Please remove or allow us to hide or minimize the alarm bar.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't call Arlo support. You Googled it and got a scammer.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Olive617
Tutor
Tutor

PLEASE get rid of this button.  Or at least give me the option to move it.  It blocks the top quarter of the screen.  

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

The development team is looking into the issue where some users are seeing the Alarm bar when viewing on full screen on iOS devices and is currently investigating. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community. We appreciate your understanding.

kmorris111
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 7 cameras and the higher package.

When viewing live feed and I expand the picture view,

the arrows to make it small again are hidden behind the E911 symbol.

How can I hide the E911 button or minimize the view back down ??

Thanks !!

Bigrig
Guide
Guide
Imperative that the alarm bar is removed from the top of camera live screens!!!! It blocks the top quarter of the view. What’s the point of having the cameras if you can’t fully see the images?!?!
Kg4pbd
Initiate
Initiate

The last IOS update brought back the alarm banner that obsures the entire top of the image.  You fixed it and then you broke it.......

Cpcp
Guide
Guide
Is there a way to make it go away??
Dirkdiggler1234
Initiate
Initiate

daedmr
Initiate
Initiate

To Arlo develpers, please get rid of the "ALARM" bar on top while in landscape full screen mode, or give an option to hide this. When in full screen mode, the Alarm bar on the top blocks critical views, and cuts off a 1/4 of the screen.

This is a very annoying features, and was introduced recently with the software updates. The other options disappears when you tap the screen, but the alarm bar still stays..

pluckytree
Star
Star
I made the irreversible mistake of setting up e911. Now, every time I watch a live stream, these enormous Alarm and Call e911 buttons block the upper15% of the screen. Given these are marketing features with little value to users, is there a way I can turn them off? I bought cameras so I could see everything.

Chris
daedmr
Initiate
Initiate

Please fix...the alarm button in full / landscape mode is blocking the most important part of the screen. Either move it, or give an option to hide it please!!!

Glassman3363
Tutor
Tutor

Image-1.jpgI have the Arlo Pro.  When in my Iphone app, when I make the camera screen full screen, the alarm button covers the minimize area so I have to close the app to be able to switch back and forth again.  Can you make the alarm button smaller?

Heavnboun
Guide
Guide

sreming
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please note this alarm bar causes multiple problems.  In landscape mode the bar blocks other features.  You cannot get back to portrait mode because the alarm bar blocks the arrows that take you back.  If you try to talk in landscape mode the speaker comes int he the entire picture.  It does not work and locks the entire app.  You have to close and exit the app and re-start.

Please fix and test more in the future.